Fir trees all in a row 🌲

I made another mosaic blanket. This one is called Sholach.

I absolutely LOVE this blanket. It’s pretty, it has amazing texture (I love running my fingers across some of the patterns), and it’s full afhan sized at 45x60 inches.

Here’s a shot of the back for those interested

This took me over 80 hours to finish. And I already want to make another one!

34 Likes

Oh, that’s gorgeous. Gorgeous!

1 Like

OMG… I’ve done some mosaic crochet, and I know how much work it is. This is AMAZING!

1 Like

Stunning…and over 80 hours of crochet takes true dedication :slight_smile: It is awesome!

1 Like

Oh, how I want to get lost wandering in this forest! Absolutely wonderful!

1 Like

I love how I KNOW who has made a project before I even click on it! As always your work is amazing

1 Like

That is stunning! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Beautiful

1 Like

It is stunning!
I don’t think I’d be able to make one. When working with multiple colors I always have tension issues.
So yes, you did an amazing job!

1 Like

Lovely work!

1 Like

When using the overlay method, you only work one color per row. You don’t do any color changes within a row, so you might enjoy trying a small project! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I think I want to try another one with a blue variegated background and navy or black trees. To look like a night sky. I will have to look around for colors that will work for that.

2 Likes

Wow!! This is awesome!! The blue would be super cool.

1 Like

It would be amazing with a variegated green for the trees too.

1 Like

This is stunning! Skillful execution on an amazing pattern. I’m in love :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Absolutely STUNNING! Well done friend.

1 Like

Aha! Thanks for explaining!
It doesn’t look like that. I might give it a try one day.

1 Like

that’s part of what I like so much about mosaic crochet. It looks so complicated, but is actually pretty simple. Every row is worked with single and double crochet stitches. The single crochets are worked in the back loop only. The double crochets are worked in the front loop two rows below your current working row. These two simple things make for one complicated looking finish :blush:

2 Likes

I’d love to see this as a two-sided KNIT.

1 Like

I know there is mosaic knitting, but I’ve never tried it. I have no idea how similar the two are. I have a feeling the chart would need to be modified for knitting. If you ever try it, I would love to see it! :hearts: