First Attempt at Princess Leia

One of my goals this year is to get back into drawing. I haven’t done it in a while, and it shows. I pulled my Copics back out and a lot of them needed to be refilled so they were streaky and ‘eh’.
I want to draw a picture of Princess Leia that I am happy with to go on my wall. This is NOT it, but it’s my first try. I think her eyes are fine, but the lips are off.
Here is my line drawing. Originally, I planned on doing her in grays, but then I just went for color. I think grays would have been better since I haven’t marker rendered in so long.

I am completely obsessed with metallics right now, so metallic happened too.

When I was “done”, I thought the hairline was a tad too harsh (You can see that in the first metallic image) so I added some wispy baby hairs. I was happy with how that turned out.

I also got a little over-enthusiastic with the white gel pen and forgot that a lot of white lines in your hair will look like gray hairs. Ha! I had to go back and mute those down.
And here is a pic with my little helper Dahlia for scale (and so I can show off my beautiful baby).

Thanks for looking!

43 Likes

She’s beautiful (both Dahlia and Princess Leia)! I love the gold. It’s a gorgeous accent.

2 Likes

WOW! That is gorgeous! You did such a good job!

1 Like

Stunning!! I love her!!

1 Like

Oh, also, if anyone wants to trade me something for her, she is up for grabs. I am not going to do anything with her.

4 Likes

She’s beautiful!

1 Like

@FrankenCher! Isn’t she pretty?

1 Like

Both Leia and the Kitty kitty are GORGEOUS! <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Ummmmm. WOW. That is incredible!!!

1 Like

Wow. If this is your “rusty” skill level, then… DANG, girl!

6 Likes

This is phenomenal.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Spectacular!

1 Like

It’s gorgeous!!! I love the metallic element and her hair.

2 Likes

Amazing! I agree; if this is your idea of rusty, I can’t even imagine what “good” would look like. Totally gorgeous!

2 Likes

This is beautifully done!!!

1 Like

She’s beautiful! And the gold accents really pop! :blush:

2 Likes

Hopefully like Princess Leia. :rofl: :joy:
Thank you for all the kind comments. I am hoping 2022 is my year of art!

PS. She has been claimed. Yay!!! :tada:

4 Likes

Okay, I see what you mean that it isn’t Princess Leia just yet, but it IS an amazing portrait of a woman! I love it!

2 Likes

I knew when I first saw this that it was Carrie Fisher- I think you should be proud of this piece! It’s a knockout Princess Leia and I’m not surprised that someone snapped it up!

2 Likes

The shading on her braided hair? EPIC. Your foray back was a smash!

1 Like