First attempt at quilt as you go (QAYG)

Anybody who gets this quilt is just going to admire it for being handmade and so bright and cheerful. You really have such lovely fabrics to choose from and I bet there is a story behind every one of them.

I did like your tip on maybe doing a more regular block to keep the stretching to a minimum…I also tend to use my walking foot on anything, but this seems to be a way for people to quilt without using one.

This is like a fun I-Spy quilt! I spy Christmas tres, spaceships, a VW van… Some of your strips are so small! I’m impressed with all the work you put into this and the fact that you continued on, despite not enjoying the method.

3 Likes

It-is-amazing!!! Very pretty.

Thanks for your pro’s and cons. That is useful information :+1:t2:

You rock :metal:t2:

2 Likes

This is so fun to look at!

1 Like

And there’s manatees and otters!

And sloths!

2 Likes

What an absolutely gorgeous quilt. I love the colours and how they complement each other, and wow! All from stash! Despite the irritating portions of the process, it must feel like such a huge accomplishment—because it is!

1 Like

lovely

It’s very pretty and looks warm! It’s the only way I’d make a quilt, plus I know that I will enjoy art quilting more (mini quilts), which would be easier. ShanaLeeLaser also has easy tutes for QAYG. She lets you know right off that she is not a blue ribbon quilter. Her goal is to get a quilt made and warming someone ASAP. She is a creative quilter. I like her homey personality.

1 Like