First ever quilt completed- Feeling acomplished

Hi All, I have been super nervous about making a quilt (always felt like I couldn’t make it perfect enough) but decided to give it ago and I am so proud of myself for doing it. This quilt is actually part of a baby shower gift for a friend who is having her rainbow baby so I thought this was a cute way to celebrate it without doing a traditional rainbow shape. I am just so excited I had to share it!!

31 Likes

It’s beautiful, great job! No quilt is ever perfect, hope you’ve got the confidence now to make more.

5 Likes

It is beautiful!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Great job! Quilting makes me nervous too but this is amazing!

2 Likes

It is so beautiful, the quilt, the gift, and your effort too. Love the colours & all the little dots. Great work!

3 Likes

You’re obviously a natural quilter, because this turned out gorgeous! It’s a wonderful gift for your friend and a clever way of incorporating a rainbow! I also really love the black with white binding and the white with black backing - great scale of the prints and a wonderful contrast with the colors on the front.

3 Likes

It looks so great! Congratulations on your first quilt! It’ll be treasured!

You should check out the quiltalong craftalong for loads of encouragement and ideas!

3 Likes

Quilts are so intimidating! You concurred it by making an absolutely beautiful one. All your lines look so perfect. I am sure your friend LOVED this gift. So personal and sweet. Love the polka-dotted fabrics too. You should be super proud and showing this off to everyone!

3 Likes

You did an awesome job! It’s beautiful.

1 Like

:rainbow: :sun_behind_small_cloud: Congrats! Your colorful quilt is one of this week’s featured projects! :sun_behind_small_cloud: :rainbow:

2 Likes

Your quilt is adorable!

1 Like

Wow. You did such a great job picking out the fabrics! The rainbow is subtle but gorgeous! I love the binding and the back too. You’re a sewing wizard. The anxiety about making a quilt perfect enough and square enough is a fear of mine too. Maybe you’ve motivated me to start working on a project I’ve had the supplies for for years? I hope so. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing!

1 Like

It is gorgeous!
And it looks pretty perfect to me, so you don’t have to worry about that anymore.

1 Like

I’d be pleased as punch to receive this!!

1 Like

this is gorgeous!

1 Like

I love the modern colors as well as the high contrast back and binding! Great job and a very thoughtful gift. It will be cherished for years!

1 Like

Thank you! And I already have three more quilts in the work (all the quilts tops done- just have to do the quilting part)

1 Like

Thank you! I also liked the contrast of the black and white helps make it be more dramatic!

1 Like

I have actually had a look at the quilting craftalong- it looks very interesting but also a bit overwhelming

1 Like

Oh no, don’t feel overwhelmed by the quilt along … nothing is a requirement, well except to have fun and enjoy the banter that breaks out sometimes :smiley:

If you don’t want to participate right now, I’d suggest you follow the page at least, you’ll see lots of interesting posts. When you’re ready to post something or comment, jump right in. The more the merrier!

4 Likes