First Stack n' Whack quilted project

I enjoyed doing this Stack n’ Whack table runner. It was fast and easy. I’ll donate it to our local food pantry for their annual auction.

27 Likes

Oh wow, this is lovely! I really like the colors in the fabric you chose. I’m not familiar with the technique, but “Stack & Whack” is fun to say! How does it work?

1 Like

this is gorgeous!

1 Like

It came out beautifully!

1 Like

Wow! It’s like a kaleidoscope!

1 Like

You stack fabric making sure the pattern matches in each layer and cut them out (the whack part). It’s easier to look it up online to see the process.

3 Likes

Fast and easy? Are we looking at the same thing? It looks intricate and hard to make. It turned out great. It’s a wonderful thing to do to donate it.

5 Likes

what a fantastic fabric choice! I always love seeing the results of stack & whack projects - so unpredictable and fun.

2 Likes

Wow, so pretty!

1 Like

I love seeing all the different patterns you were able to create! The black background fabric really makes everything pop!

@Jazzybelle, look up one block wonder and you should come across some info on this type of kaleidoscope block. There’s also a neat generator where you can upload a pic of your fabric and it will show you what it would look like as this type of block.

3 Likes

Never heard of this technique; it produces a stunning quilt! Very nice of you to donate it, as well.

1 Like

It’s really stunning with the bright kaleidoscopes against the black. I’m sure it will raise ‘a pretty penny’ for the food pantry!

2 Likes

Thank you. And I hope it does bring in lotso money for them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s really not hard. You cut out strips of the exact same pattern so each one starts with the same print item (a leaf or a swirl) in the same place, stack the strips and pin ‘em in place. Then you cut out matching triangles and you’re ready to sew them together. Aka "Stack n’ Whack". It goes fast.

3 Likes

This really does look like a kaleidoscope. Lovely!

2 Likes

Beautiful colours!

2 Likes

This is soooo pretty. How sweet that you’re donating it for the auction. Someone’s going to get an awesome table runner, for sure!

1 Like

:zap: :bulb: :dizzy: WOOHOO!!! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :zap: :bulb: :dizzy:

1 Like

Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Beautiful! I really love the colours in this!

1 Like