First wall of The Moonstone

I’m working on a miniature room box for the novel The Moonstone.

and lit up

I 3D printed the mirror, mantle, and wainscoting, and made the wall sconces from jewelry findings and some shades that I just discovered were supposed to go with something else. Oh well…

I got the cool crane fireplace grate in the raffle at our mini show last year; the wallpaper is quilting fabric I got at an estate sale this summer.

Everything I’ll use in this scene is from stash, from the recycled cardboard backing to the 3D filament, to the miscellaneous miniature goodies.

I usually wait until the whole box is done to take pix and share, but thought I’d follow @TheMistressT 's example and share a bit at a time.

17 Likes

Oh. My… gosh. This is astonishingly marvelous. I am so excited to see what you do next!

1 Like

I’m glad you decided to share in the “bits at a time” method, I find it allows for a closer observation and appreciation for each stage of the project. This wall is amazing. It feels like something out of the tv show Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. Love it!

3 Likes

WOW! This is great! The 3D printed minis are wonderful, but I am really in love with that wallpaper. [swooooon] I agree that it’s fun to see progress a bit at a time to really appreciate all the details and the thought behind them.

1 Like

The wallpaper is available on ebay…https://www.ebay.com

That one is blue, I used green. But it shows the selvedge with manufacterer and fabric number.

I’m an enabler.

1 Like

If I could get that in real wallpaper to scale for my 1:1 scale house!

1 Like

I often wish I had a shrink ray/grow ray so things could be the scale I want.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, about it looking like a Miss Fisher set. Really spectacular! The mirror and the grate… just wow!

2 Likes

You’ve really captured a feeling with this one little wall. Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning! THAT MIRROR, wow!!!

I read this book years ago, in which a woman does use a shrink ray to furnish a dollhouse!

4 Likes

So fancy!

2 Likes

I cannot state how much I adore this enough!! So, so good!

1 Like

Thanks! It tied for third place at our mini show, so was on display at the mini museum for a couple of months.

1 Like

The finished room is at The Moonstone...completed!

1 Like

Time to go get caught up!

1 Like