Fish Wish Thank You

Painted a little goldfish, about 4x6 inches. Part of a thank you card for a donation toward our classroom fish tank.
Done in watercolor on white tagboard.
Drawn lightly in pencil and completed the painting with watercolor (Crayola). I like to challenge myself to complete projects with the same materials I give my students.

My first post to Lettuce Craft! :heart:

48 Likes

Aww it’s darling, and I think it’s awesome that you used the classroom supplies!

3 Likes

Thanks!
It can be a real challenge. I want to show the kids that they don’t have to have expensive materials to make a great piece. If I can do it, they definitely can! :grin:

6 Likes

It is a lovely piece and sure to inspire the budding artists in your classroom!

2 Likes

I definitely love the idea of simplifying the tools you use in your art. So much can be done with so little. Great job, the illustration is awesome!

3 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

This fish is totally enchanting!

3 Likes

That is so lovely! Brilliant expression on the fishie’s face!

2 Likes

The goldfish looks so realistic! I am so so glad you made time to share him with us!

2 Likes

This is so wonderful. Do you make prints of your work? I love this fish, I’d be so thrilled to receive a card like this.

2 Likes

This!! The mark of a wonderful teacher I think :slight_smile: Welcome and thank you for sharing your lovely goldie!

4 Likes

It’s very cute! Well done & welcome to LC!

2 Likes

How lovely! I think it’s sweet that you made a fishy thank you card for the donation.

It’s always wonderful to see fellow teachers in the crafty world. I’m a MS teacher. There are several other teachers here on LC. Welcome and I look forward to seeing more of your creativity! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I … LOVE … this fishy :smiley:

Hope you’ll share more art work with us.

2 Likes

So stinking cute.

2 Likes

Welcome to Lettuce Craft, @MissT !! Your fish is wonderful. Thanks also for being a teacher and caring about kids.

1 Like

What an adorable little fish! I love the movement you’ve captured in the mouth. :blush:

1 Like

So cute…I adore the expression on that goldfish!

1 Like

Awesome little goldfish. Love the expression on its face and the flow of the tail.

1 Like

I could easily see your fish in a children’s book. Looks amazing.

1 Like