Flamingo cushion cover

A few months ago I made a cushion cover for the fabulous @Edel for the Color in a box swap. :grinning:

I started with a flamingo design from one of the free embroidery patterns from the DMC website. I changed it a bit, and used fusible web to do the applique pieces. Then I machine stitched the applique and lines with black thread, going round twice to get a nice bold drawn effect. I added a border, lining, big buttons on the back and pink binding. It was a lot of fun to plan out the design and make it :flamingo: :palm_tree:

24 Likes

This is darling and so perfect for Edel!

2 Likes

And I love it, it’s on my sofa right now.

4 Likes

This is absolutely adorable!!!

2 Likes

Great idea turning an embroidery pattern into an appliqué :grin: I love the dark lines of the embroidery

2 Likes

This is loaded with charm!

2 Likes

Love how you customized a pattern…the extra stitching on the applique really stands out…such a personal and lovely piece for @edel

You know, I think perhaps we should declare February as flamingo month and make all things flamingo…lol…I have a sister who loves flamingo!

3 Likes

What a fabulous idea :flamingo:

3 Likes

Yes! that’s a super fun suggestion!

1 Like

Your lines are so perfect and your edges are so straight. You can tell you poured a lot of love and attention into this and got amazing results. I know @Edel loves her flamingos so I am sure she adores this.

1 Like

I really like this! You did a great job and it’s such a cute design.

1 Like

So cute. The fabric you used for the flamingos is perfect!

1 Like

So charming! I want to make more pillow covers and just reuse the same inserts

1 Like

How utterly and completely perfect for Edel! It’s really sweet, I like the colour combos and the stitches over applique. Lovely.

1 Like

I agree! Utterly perfect for her! And I love the exposed, layered stitching. Like doodling with fabric.

1 Like