Florence Flamingo

May I introduce Florence Flamingo …

She likes wearing sunglasses, because it’s sunny where most of her relatives live and she wants to look like them.

I’ve had her on my ‘to make’ list for several years and decided now was the time to complete her. This mini quilt is 21’’ wide x 27’’ tall and it’s an Elizabeth Hartman pattern.

Florence is the second animal with sunglasses that I’ve made … check out my Cow here.

18 Likes

I love this!!

1 Like

Florence is adorable! Did you listen to any Florence + The Machine while quilting it? I would have had a hard time resisting.

2 Likes

Look at all that quilting!! She’s just fabulous, I live get so much. The sunnies are brilliant!

1 Like

Oh this is fantastic! I love it so much.

1 Like

It’s just straight lines and took about an hour.

I love her!!

1 Like

She is fantastic, love the glasses and so impressed by how straight and even your quilting lines are. You are amazing.

1 Like

Your work is beautiful. Love the Flamingo!

1 Like

Thank you and nice to ‘see’ you again! My new sewing machine has a wonderful walking foot that made it easy to quilt these lines. It’s wide so I just ran the edge of the foot along the previous row.

2 Likes

I love this! The different colors of pinks you used makes her even cuter. Great choices!!!

1 Like

She’s very glamorous in her pink shades! The “town” I live just outside of is named Florence and we are dealing with some serious snow right now, so a flamingo seems especially fun and funny today!

1 Like

That looks so good. SO GOOD!

1 Like