Quilt-along 2021

5 Likes

I usually just melt it with a hot iron by mistake!

This helpful, I get a lot of donations and you just don’t know the content. And I’ve had fabric in stash that I don’t even remember where or when it snuck in.

4 Likes

After I watched last night’s SNL on YouTube this morning, YouTube suggested I would like a video of a scrap quilt. Since I still had tea left to drink, I watched it. But the pattern designer/host of the video says she doesn’t actually like the look of scrappy quilts (saying they can often be ‘crappy’), so she’s just going to make it with a jelly roll. But she named her pattern ‘The Scraptastic Quilt’. The pattern was perfectly nice, but I kinda just wanted to shout at the monitor, ‘How can you call it scraptastic, while hating scraps and not using them?’ :woman_facepalming:

Here’s the video. What do you guys think?

Ugh, do I hafta watch it? I already think she’s a fool…

Ah, I get it. She’s selling fabric and kits. It turned out nice looking but for so many of us here it’s actually the entire point to use scraps to make beautiful things.

5 Likes

I am wondering why anyone who really enjoys making anything would even put down any other kind of project…why not just tout your own style instead of even calling names? I don’t like people like that…

5 Likes

I Homerof2 offer Florence Flamingo for my small challenge entry

Her own post is here … Florence

13 Likes

This so cute, that flamigo has personality.

1 Like

I love her and your cow!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

I’m still on the economy block train. Made 12 today. They are 6.5" finished and I’m am bit stumped in terms of how many to do. I’m thinking of 8*10 blocks, for a decent lap quilt size. What do you all think?

11 Likes

Your fabric/color combinations are absolutely stunning. So beautiful! And wow, those points are so amazingly perfect!

My vote goes for this one! Both are beautiful though :slight_smile:

Florence is adorable!!!

I’m loving the variety of fun prints you’re showcasing in the middle of the economy blocks. You’re inspiring me to make a quilt like that to show off some of my favorite prints too!

2 Likes

It’s a fun pattern, but it grows slowly!

2 Likes

Pretty much everything I make grows slowly, so that’s not a deterrent! :slight_smile:

I love those! They are SO clever for highlighting all the excellent and special bits of fabric. Oh, man. How many quilts is too many for one person to have? We barely use those we have, but I waaaannnntttt more!

3 Likes

We have so many too. And now that I’m combining two houses, we’ll be drowning in them. But until we replace windows and upgrade insulation, our new house will be cold, so we’ll be glad of them.

1 Like

If you use curtain clips you could even use them as temporary curtains in winter! It’s so cold in the TV corner of our living room that I’m seriously considering doing that tomorrow. We recently insulated the walls and the windows are double glazed but they still feel very cold.

So freakin’ cute! I love the red mushrooms and the little astronauts.

@MistressJennie I’ve just seen this on Reddit, it reminded me of some of the HST that you are making. Pattern is coral coreopsis. By James and Gracie

10 Likes

Tried the heart block not sure what I did wrong but it didnt come out right. Will try again. Lol.

That is beautiful!

Meanwhile, I screwed up my latest block at the last moment…

Currently unpicking some stitches.

5 Likes