Fly Swatting Towels

When I visited some friends this summer, one of them was snapping a kitchen towel to kill flies. When his wife and I realized he was just grabbing any random kitchen towel, we were both grossed out. He replied that he was barely touching the flies, but we said there could still be fly guts on the towel and he needed to designate one specific towel. But, to make sure there was no confusion, I decided to make him a designated set of fly swatting towels! I think they’re pretty funny, and the red stripes are a bit of warning coloration. Hopefully, they make his wife feel better knowing that the rest of the kitchen towels will be fly-free!

27 Likes

These are hysterical!

2 Likes

You are a good friend. :fly::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

These are great. Red and white to hide the blood spatters!

2 Likes

That is so awesome I’m so many ways. Hooray for cute towels and no fly guts in the kitchen!

1 Like

those are great!
next visit, he’ll be using them to clean your glass before serving you a drink…
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bahahahaaaaa! What a fun and useful gift. Are the flies HTV? Seems like those thin lines would be a bear to get stuck to the towels!

1 Like

Hilarious. You made some cool towels from it.

1 Like

I did use HTV and put a lot of pressure on the iron to make sure they were really stuck on. I hope they hold up in the wash!

1 Like

Hahaha! I sure hope not… he’ll get an earful if he does!

2 Likes

I searched for red towels just for that reason! I don’t even know what color fly blood and guts actually are, but that’s beside the point :smile:

Maybe make a husband-swatting towel for your friend…:cat:

2 Likes

I totally need these in my life. The bin sheds to my flat are in the basement so as it gets warmer, the buggers are all over. And I leave my windows open when it’s warm to try and get airflow (UK - no air-con), so the pesky blighters get in everywhere

GRRRR

2 Likes

I just like this as a design for anytime, I’d totally have these in my kitchen!

1 Like

:fly: :laughing: Congratulations! Your hilarious Fly Swatting Towels are a Featured Project this week! :laughing: :fly:

1 Like

Thanks! I made them while on a craft day at a friend’s house, and she loved the fly, too!

Oh my goodness! Thank you! That was unexpected for this project with a bit of a gross undertone :laughing:

1 Like

I also definitely think you would get a great reaction from your friend if you did one with her husband’s likeness or name lol

1 Like

Somehow I have future visions of Jeff Goldblum on fly-swatting towels. :joy:

3 Likes