Fold Up Fabric Storage Basket

This is a nifty little free pattern from Sew Can She for a sturdy fold up basket. Unicorn fabric chosen for @Dfabbric in the cryptid swap.

I used double-sided fusible foam but think it would work with different stabilizers.

The author suggested zigzagging the edge as her fave method of finishing but I could see it being left scrappy if you like that look (I sure do!).

Reversible too, how cool is that?

17 Likes

That’s a really fun design, I like how you styled it. I have to give you major props (yes, I’ve dated myself there) for coming up with innovative ways to send crafts flat-packed out into the world lately. So clever!

3 Likes

What a great idea! Your box looks fantastic!

1 Like

This is snappy! Love that it can go flat when needed. Perfect for on your sewing table, or your desk, or your bedside table - or your reading chair for everything that you pull out of your pockets to sit down safely. :wink:

1 Like

Wonderful! I see a few of these in my future.

1 Like

Very cool construction and perfect execution!

1 Like

This a great idea and that unicorn fabric looks very cool!

1 Like

This is really cool! I may need to make some of these also.

1 Like

What a fun little project, especially good for using extra special fabrics in our hoards. Well done!

1 Like

β€œNifty” is exactly the word for this project! And so carefully executed!

1 Like

Thanks all! I’m having to resist making up dozens of them for myself. I do NOT need any temptation to collect more stuff, lol. Empty baskets wouldn’t stay empty for long in my world.

1 Like