Fortune Teller

This fortune teller started with some old packaging. It was a little tricky, as I wanted it to be functional. Besides the crystal ball and cards, there is a magic 8 ball style fortune teller. When you crank the handle the cage rotates and the die moves. Each number on the die is a different answer.

!

19 Likes

Crazy cool!!! Love the functionality feature!!! Wow!

1 Like

Freaking amazing! I love your fortune teller and how you implemented your take on fortune telling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, this is fantastic! “Mystical Prognostications” indeed!

I love that lots of the elements were upcycled.

1 Like

This is fantastic! I love all the detail. And that eety beety die is so wee! Well done on all accounts. The engineer in me approves.

1 Like

I’m a (retired) engineer too! I did feel like this is the most “engineer-y” craft I’ve done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love this so hard. It is amazing.

1 Like

For a year I’ve been pondering how I would make a fortune teller, but couldn’t get through to even a solid concept, let alone the construction. Thank goodness you were on it because this is so much better than anything I could have come up with! It’s brilliant and beautifully done.

It’s not like I thought of it in my own :rofl: Years ago I bought instructions to make a fortune teller booth from Jim Hankins, The Gentleman Crafter. The shape of that was like this and helped me figure out basic chipboard construction. Don’t know if he still sells it; but, his stuff is always worth checking out!

2 Likes