Friendly Monster Tote Bag

I made this tote for the Monster Swap. I was inspired by an image on my partner’s Pinterest and was so happy with how it turned out! This is my first submission for MONSTER JAM 2024!

I have had this green brick fabric in my stash forever, just waiting for the perfect project. I knew this was it!

I drew out the monster on paper and traced it onto fabric that I had adhered to adhesive interfacing. I cut it out and appliqued it to the bag, then did some thread painting around him to add visual interest.

I found this coordinating fabric for the interior, not stash, I added a pocket to the inside.

Want your own Monster Jam badge and prize entry? Simply create your own post for a monster within March 2024 and post a link in the Monster Jam thread.

You can copy and paste this image to your post to show you are part of the Monster Jam!
MONSTER JAM 2024

19 Likes

This is adorable! The thread painting really makes it. Gives such great texture and dimension.

2 Likes

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this tote!!! So stinking cute!

1 Like

This is a wonderful bag! That brick-like print really is just perfect for this. The thread painting is the chef’s kiss of the whole thing and that wee birdie… ACK!

2 Likes

This is so cute! The brick fabric is perfect!

2 Likes

I love the way you’ve depicted the kindness and sweetness of the interaction between the two characters.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed making it and loved how it turned out. I want to make another one with a different design, but I need to find the time.

He’s so adorable and I love the green brick fabric!

How did you stick him down to sew him on? Did you use a Steam & Seam type of item?

1 Like

This is an adorable bag, you did a great job!

1 Like

I think it was Heat & Bond Lite Iron-on Adhesive. I had it rolled up in my stash, but I am pretty sure that’s the one I used.

That thread painting! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Oh wow what a great bag! :orange_heart: That brick fabric is perfect but the monster is even more perfect! I love how you added the thread, it looks awesome.

You rock :metal:t2:

1 Like

Cutest tote ever!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

:handbag: :handbag: :handbag: Congratulations! your amazing project is a Feature of the Week! :handbag: :handbag: :handbag:

4 Likes