Friendship Banners

For the recent Galentine’s Day swap I made some tiny banners to go with my cards. I wanted a scrappy look so I layered on ribbon, fabrics, and some stitching. The hearts are cut from brown paper envelopes. I sprinkled mica powders on the hearts, then sealed them with paper medium and added white ink accents after they were dry. I stamped the word “friends” on natural cotton with some metal letters and permanent ink to finish things off.

22 Likes

They are delightful! Lovely texture & those neutral shades with subtle romantic colours are just the sweetest. I’d have that on display year round.

2 Likes

Dangit, I was going to say “texture” and “subtle”!

Really lovely, quite inspirational. Translation: I’m thinking of stealing your idea.

4 Likes

These are gorgeous, I especially love the hearts

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’d love to see what you make!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Mine is the first one! I love it so much. It’s so sweet and pretty. The gold touches are so regal. Love this!

3 Likes

You got the super gold heart! The mica powder on that one was intense. I wish the subtle shimmer of the hearts translated in photos, but alas. I’m so glad you like the banner and that we got to swap!

2 Likes

These are so lovely.

3 Likes

I really loved seeing these in the GALlery. The details on the hearts are perfect and I love that script background!

3 Likes

SO pretty! Both scrappy and cohesive.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve always loved the unfinished scrappy look in fabric projects.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!
How clever to combine materials :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’d like to say it was to clear out my stash, but really my supply horde is endless.

2 Likes

You make it look so easy! I wanted to make something similar for my friend for xmas, but I got so nervous about it I wasn’t sure where to start, what to put on it, there’s so many options! I became overwhelmed and ended up with getting her a stash of fancy chocolate in an altoid tin to hide from her kids.
Her birthday is coming up soon though… would you mind if I borrowed the design but used my own materials?

3 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

Please do! I’d love to see what you make. I played around with the scraps, layering them and moving them and even made a veraion with a red button and an extra bit of ribbon before I settled on this design. I was inspired by a scrappy project on Pinterest, but my end result only vaguely resembles the original.

3 Likes