Many years ago (before my time at my kids’ elementary), a class (or classes) made a couple quilts where the students cut out shapes of houses, birds, and flowers and appliqued them to fabric and made pretty good sized quilts.
I believe they were in school storage somewhere and my art teacher friend was given them. She did not want them as quilts and there isn’t really a place or purpose to display them at school as we don’t know exactly who made them.
However, they are neat, and so she asked me to make pillows. I cut out the pillow pieces, but there was still quite a bit from the larger quilt left over. It’s a part she doesn’t really like very much with some people shapes.
I decided to make it into a tote bag.
I’ve been destashing, and part of that is using some tablecloths that you are supposed to be able to use chalk on. I’ve used it as a liner before. It’s loud, so not my favorite, but I’m using it!
I had some smaller strips from the quilt that I added bias to for straps.
I need to get some fabric glue to adhere some unruly spots as I chose to not try to do more free form quilting on it. Other than that, I think it’s fun!
I’m not sure what we will do with it, but it’s been remade into something new and très chic!