From Bath Towels to Bath Mats

Note: This isn’t a bath product (like soap, bath bombs, sugar scrubs), so I put it in home instead of bath & beauty… let me know if it should be switched :slight_smile:

Many years ago, I picked up these giant bath towels at a discount store. For some reason, I’ve never used them (I think it’s because they would drag on the floor when I hang them on the towel rack). Recently, I realized that it was really time for a new bath mat. While I like the one I have, it’s nearly impossible to wash- it’s very stiff and doesn’t get completely submerged in the washing machine.

I decided to put the towels to use and turn them into a pair of bath mats. I had originally planned to just fold them into thirds and “quilt” them together. But then I realized that they’d be harder to wash. Instead, I folded the top third down and stitched it in place along the side edges, leaving a pocket for me to tuck the remaining third into. This way, I could untuck the bottom third before throwing it into the wash. It will will dry faster in the dryer, too!

Showing the “pocket.”

The “untucked” view.

14 Likes

Neat idea!

2 Likes

Thanks! They’ll definitely be more useful this way instead of taking up a bunch of room in the cabinet.

2 Likes

Clever and very washable. I might have to borrow the idea. Thanks!

1 Like

Very clever!

1 Like

Oooh! Wicked smaht!

1 Like

How resourceful are you? And such a great color, too!

1 Like

What a smart idea!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I think it’s going to work out perfectly, I think. It is a bit brighter than the one I currently have, but it mostly matches the shower curtain I have, so it’s all good!

Smart and resourceful!

1 Like

I never would’ve thought to do that! This might be my next bath mat upgrade

1 Like

Thanks! I wish I had thought to do it sooner!

Now I get to decide what to put on the shelf where those towels formerly resided :slight_smile: