CLOSED: Nerd Games - Winter 2022

No worries @storerboughtcreation we just want you to heal and get better. Thank you for thinking of us. We have been thinking about you too.

@LovelyMiss that razor drawing sounds terrifying! LOL!

7 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Shower
Team: Knotty
Project Name: Granny is silently judging your choices
Brief Description: I was whining to my husband that I had nothing to submit because all of my projects are large (sad I missed the swap) and he reminded me that I have been working on bits of a project to be that are EASILY longer than 30 minutes. I am testing markers & designs for a future bathroom project. this is my granny drawing on my bathroom wall- she’s politely judging how much tp you’re taking.
Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Lol! It was actually fun! I expected it might cut through the paper, but it didn’t. It was messy, though, especially when the blade fell into the ink jar, haha. I got wise and put on gloves!

3 Likes

@LovelyMiss i don’t think you are getting worse! Loving the Archie vibe!

3 Likes

Prompt: January Battle - Shower
Team: RWS
Project Name: Minimalist sketch
Project Link:
Brief Description: A cute kiddo in the rain. Made me remember puddle jumping! (And this may not look like 20 minutes but I assure you- lots of erasing and re-drawing was done. My artistic skills are still fledgling!)
Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Prompt: January Battle- Bath
Team: Bits and Bobs
Project Name: From Bath Towels to Bath Mats
Project Link: From Bath Towels to Bath Mats

Brief Description: I turned two large, never used, bath towels into two bath mats that I can easily wash in my washing machine. It doesn’t look like much, but trying to wrangle the towels through my little machine was a challenge. I broke a needle and then jammed my machine in the process.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range #1
Project Name: Vinyl Masks for a Thank You Banner
Project Link: n/a

Brief Description: With all of the contact tracing required at school, our school nurse has been working very long days (staying at school until 7 pm, then continuing to work at home). To show our appreciation for all she’s been doing to keep our building safe, the principal picked up a blank banner. One of my co-workers used her Cricut to cut out letters that said “We can’t mask our appreciation!” And the both of us cut out a bunch of adhesive vinyl masks that we stuck onto the banner. Staff members were invited to write a message on the masks (they had about a 3" X 2" area to write in), and the banner (plus a bouquet of flowers and a trio of restaurant gift cards) was presented to her at the staff meeting last week. She’s is a fantastic person, and we’re lucky to have her as our nurse! I cut out 32 masks in total, and because I used adhesive vinyl notebook covers from the dollar store, it only cost me $1. I don’t have a photo of the completed banner because I wasn’t there when it was presented (I was in another meeting).

Project Photo(s):

4 Likes

@ezrib drawing on the walls? Mustn’t show the kids :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Granny looks kind of sweet to me, I guess she’s ok with my TP usage.
@Bunny1kenobi cute kid :slight_smile: I get you on the time effort of it, getting things just right takes time.
@craftADDchick smart use for things you already have, I hope your machine doesn’t hold a grudge.
The masks are a great idea for the banner.

I wonder if this month I will actually manage to create some non-food things. I did attack the living room and kitchen in the past week, so they are a bit more organized now. Maybe that will give me a bit more headspace to craft.

5 Likes

If you want to do a private swap, send me a message and we can figure something out! :smiley:

2 Likes

SO SORRY I was late with the updated prompts, we have February prompts up now!!!

5 Likes

I dropped the ball for January prompt. Ugh

2 Likes

You can craft any of the January prompts until the end of the season, except for the January battle. The battle is the only time sensitive prompt, so if you have something that will fit any of the other prompts (or any of the February prompts for that matter), post away! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah okay, thanks. I am still going to make my January item and post it.

1 Like

I love the February prompts!!! I love the number 3, I am born in March the 3rd month and have 3 kids.

4 Likes

Prompt: January - reading in the tub
Team: RWS
Project Name: A skirt for ME!
Project Link: I made myself a skirt!
Brief Description: I had to do a lot of adjustments while making this… and once you cut fabric, there’s no going back…
Project Photo(s):

8 Likes

Prompt: February - Bingo!
Project Name: Grogu
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I was emotionally done with markers, and then I had an overwhelming urge to do a picture of Grogu/Baby Yoda. I used a reference pic to freehand, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out…it was fun to do some shading and less “precision” work than the Archie characters required.

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Awwww… he’s adorable! I think this may be my favorite!

1 Like

Prompt: Big Time
Project Name: Brains
Project Link: N/A
Brief Description: I needed a few very specific brain diagrams for work. None of the ones I could find were quite right for my purposes. So I sketched some out with pencil, lined with marker, and scanned them. I’m turning them into coloring sheets with labels and descriptions of what each part does. A weird and surprisingly fun project, that actually turned out pretty well!

Project Photo(s):

5 Likes

Thanks, Bunny! He’s my favorite, too! :blush:

Prompt: January- Rubber Duckie (you’re the one!)
Project Name: Tiny Triceratops Trio
Project Link: Tiny Triceratops Trio
Brief Description: I came across this pattern: Triceratops Amigurumi – Club Crochet and they were so darn adorable, I had to make one! Plus, the triceratops is my favorite dinosaur (because everyone should have a favorite dinosaur, right?). I followed along with the video to make the first one (the aqua one) and then, because they were so quick to make (and so freakin’ CUTE!!), I made 2 more. The second two (the orange and the gold… which is a shade of yellow) together took me only a little longer than the first one. I would have made more but I didn’t have any more of the small eyes (and attaching the eyes was the hardest part of this whole pattern).

Project Photo(s):

6 Likes

Woah! Those brains are amazing!!

And the triceratops are adorable!

1 Like