Fun alternatives to candy - Valentine's edition

I like to come up with fun alternatives to candy for holidays like Valentine’s day.
This is the second year I’ve made some easy play-doh Valentines (thank you Pinterest!) for my son’s class (this year he’s in a different class with different kids and I already had the file, so it worked out well). I found a file online with SVG downloads for the labels, but I ran into issues with it, so I just recreated the labels in Silhouette studio. They are printed on adhesive label paper.

Back in 2017, I was active on some Silhouette groups on Facebook. Personalized Valentine monkeys were a big hit that year (seriously, you couldn’t sign on without being bombarded by these monkeys!). I ended up jumping on the monkey train and making some for LittleBookLover’s preschool class. The monkeys came from the dollar tree and I was able to whip them up pretty quickly with my heat press (I was able to do something like 12 at a time). The silvers on the red and pink looked better in person than it does in the pics.

I also used the Silhouette to create some Starbucks Valentines for the teachers. I used washi tape and twine to make each one unique. I used the print and cut feature for the mocha and latte sentiments and then colored the words in with markers. I was able to tuck a gift card in behind the cup sleeve. I used a marker font on the back to write each teacher’s name. Here is where I downloaded the Starbucks gift card file. This is a handy file to have, as I was able to use it for last year’s teacher Valentines as well!

17 Likes

These are great! The monkeys are so extra, I love it!

2 Likes

Nice stuff…I like that you thought beyond the candy!

I really like the teacher ones.

2 Likes

Top notch alternatives to those sugary treats! You put time, thought, and love into each and every item, which makes them beyond special.

1 Like

These are all such fun ideas. Great job and wonderful execution!

1 Like

WOW! I never thought I’d say this, but I want to be a little kid again… so long as I can be in your kid’s class! SUPER COOL!

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! :blush:

Really cute ideas!

1 Like

FUN! What great ideas!

1 Like

What great ideas! I love the monkeys.

1 Like