These are the first two I’ve dyed in my own kitchen
Nanna’s Garden

And Verbascum

22 Likes

So pretty, I like them both very much!

1 Like

Beautiful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are both lovely! I look forward to seeing what you do with them!

1 Like

So pretty and just the name Nanas Garden gives me the feels. Beautifully captured the essence of the pictures.

1 Like

Verbascum!
:heart_eyes: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

So pretty!

2 Likes

*cut from my insta to tell you the story behind Nanna’s Garden *

Let me tell you a little story. Well, a beloved anecdote, really.
When Abigail was a little girl, she used to be taken to her Nanna’s to be cared for while I worked. She loves her Nanna’s garden, as did her Nanna. It wasn’t a huge garden and ran a little wild. But Nanna loved it and enjoyed planting roses around her door, daffodils under her windows, and grew sweet little pops of alyssum along her dry stone wall.
But she also welcomed the natives that would set up home.
Abbie was her little flower fairy! And she would help these tiny little blue flowers spread their seeds around Nanna’s garden. Little did she know how voraciously forget-me-nots can spread. And that is without help!
So… in no time at all, Mum’s garden was a sea of forget-me-nots each spring. Eventually, to the detriment of some ground cover she had planted.
I asked her one year if she was just not feeling up to her usual level of gardening as the forget-me-nots we so prolific; and asked if she wanted me to pull them out.
I was told
“DON’T YOU DARE! My own little flower fairy planted them! Every time they flower, I think of my little granddaughter”
So, you can imagine my surprise when Abigail told me that forget-me-nots always remind her of her Nanna. I never thought she would remember such things.

And then today she sent me this photo! And said, “It’s for Nanna.”
I never thought I’d cry over one of my girl’s tatoos. But this is simply beautiful :heart_eyes:
I hope she knows how precious she is and how much this means to me. (She will kill me for gushing)

9 Likes

What a lovely story! (And tattoo.)

1 Like

Just gorgeous. And I love the story! :blue_heart:

1 Like

:blue_heart: Congratulations! This spectacular project is featured this week! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Goah, thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Your yarn is lovely.

I love how there is a story behind the color choices…beautiful to tie in life with our crafting…congrats as well for being featured this week!

2 Likes

These are both really pretty colorways!

2 Likes

These are so beautiful. I especially love Nana’s Garden. And I especially love the story about Abigail’s tattoos, which is also beautiful.

1 Like