Fun with watercolour

I’ve been having fun with my watercolours and trying out a few new techniques!

2 bookmarks and a little 4” x 6” picture, watercolour with a little graphite. Watercolour is my happy place this week!

37 Likes

Love these! Beautiful colors and such fun & playful lines :heart:

1 Like

The speckles are like easter eggs, pretty!

1 Like

Oh my. So adorable!

1 Like

Beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

So cheerful!

1 Like

These are great! I love the wee birdie and blocks of colors!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: birds on crafts makes me smile

1 Like

There’s something very happy about water color I think. I like the way the paper will shine through the pigments and give everything a kind of glow to it.

1 Like

These are loaded with charm! I love the birdies’ postures and the undulating colors of their perches!

1 Like

Watercolors are so beautiful…I think it is because they sometimes have a mind of their own and give lots of surprises…I love that they seem happy and inspire us to be happy and creative…the addition of your birds makes them very special.

1 Like

Oh, I love the colours you used - I knew from the thumbnail who was behind these beauties!

1 Like

Thanks everybody!

That’s so true - that’s part of why I enjoy painting with them so much. It’s about 50% what I plan, and 50% what the paints decide they want to do! If you try to make them stick to your plan, they can be quite uncooperative. (I’m more of a cat person than a dog person, lol.)

1 Like

Oh my goodness! These are so sweet.

1 Like

Very sweet!

1 Like

All three are cute, but that little bird with their tail stuck up in the air - such attitude, I love it!

1 Like

Tis style is so cute. I love the little polka dots on the wings! Beautiful.

2 Likes

Love the little birdies! So cute. Watercoloring makes me pretty happy too

1 Like

These are so cute and make me so happy to look at them! Lovely!

1 Like

:heart_eyes_cat: Well, lookie there! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow:

1 Like