Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge - DEADLINE EXTENDED!

I forgot all about this challenge! I’ve finished a couple of things over the last few weeks.

3 Likes

Be sure to pick one and post it!

3 Likes

Whew, had my cowl done for a bit now, but finally got around to taking pictures!! Here’s my entry.

3 Likes

It’s no a super special project, but I really enjoyed making these. Sock knitting is very meditative. And I’m sure these will get a lot of wear, even after Christmas. I wear hand-knitted socks all winter.

2 Likes

Thank you for the inspiration, it got me to actually make the project in a timely fashion!

3 Likes

D’oh! I forgot about this and should have submitted my stump favor box place cards. That hasn’t diminished my enjoyment of seeing all the great projects y’all are coming up with one bit, though!

3 Likes

Tara, you still have time! The deadline was extended and we’d love to have your submission. Just alter your project post to include 'Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge", and post a link here. :smile:

2 Likes

I thought that was cheating! I will do it. I have done it. THANKS!

6 Likes

I’ll be darned! I managed to finish a Christmas scarf for my mom in time.

4 Likes

Here’s my entry, right at the last minute!

3 Likes

:scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle:

This Challenge is CLOSED! Now it’s time to VOTE! Please vote in the poll at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

:scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle:

3 Likes

Just for fun, here’s some more getting ahead of the holiday fun. I made 3 spiced pear & apple crisps and froze them. I can either bake them during the holidays, or gift them to friends and neighbors.

7 Likes

I did not manage to get ahead of the holidays, nor anything else for that matter lol.
I am in a season of scrambling. But I voted above at least!

6 Likes

Smart!!

It was hard picking a favourite, all the entries are great and I’ve added some gift ideas to my mental list for next year.

Lololol. Same, my friend. Same.

3 Likes

If I can attend the zoom meeting this weekend, maybe I will be able to start on the holiday bags I’ve been meaning to sew.

3 Likes

Congratulations @wittychild! Your Grinch Scarf has won the Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge! And thank you to all of our participants for helping to make our site a joyful space! Good luck with the rest of your holiday crafting!

9 Likes

Oh, wow… thank you!

5 Likes

I loved that scarf! Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Woohoo!! Congratulations!!

2 Likes