Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge - DEADLINE EXTENDED!

Oh man. I NEED this to get my butt in gear for those holidays that will be here before I know it! :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

We’re going to my parent’s in FL this year (I’ve never been) so will be doing zero decorating or gift exchange! Do I lose this challenge or do I win? LOL

6 Likes

Ooooh, I’ll have to think about this! I’ve been trying to do less this year for holidays…but I also usually start crafting for the holidays in August and I’ve missed doing it already!

2 Likes

Bookmarked this. I need the inspiration! Great contest idea. :tada:

2 Likes

I’m on board. I’m planning gifts for some of the family so this will help me stay on track hopefully.

2 Likes

Here is my entry! Thanks @Abbeeroad and @MistressJennie for the prompting! :grin:

6 Likes

I finished a holiday present, and completely forgot about this challenge. I’ll have to get my ish together and get pictures/make a post.

5 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT! Since we only have one entry so far, I’m extending the deadline on this Challenge to November 6th!!! I’ve altered the first post to reflect the new deadlines.

So what are you doing still reading this?!?!? The holidays are hurtling towards us! Go get crafting!

6 Likes

I forgot all about this challenge! I’ve finished a couple of things over the last few weeks.

3 Likes

Be sure to pick one and post it!

3 Likes

Whew, had my cowl done for a bit now, but finally got around to taking pictures!! Here’s my entry.

3 Likes

It’s no a super special project, but I really enjoyed making these. Sock knitting is very meditative. And I’m sure these will get a lot of wear, even after Christmas. I wear hand-knitted socks all winter.

2 Likes

Thank you for the inspiration, it got me to actually make the project in a timely fashion!

3 Likes

D’oh! I forgot about this and should have submitted my stump favor box place cards. That hasn’t diminished my enjoyment of seeing all the great projects y’all are coming up with one bit, though!

3 Likes

Tara, you still have time! The deadline was extended and we’d love to have your submission. Just alter your project post to include 'Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge", and post a link here. :smile:

2 Likes

I thought that was cheating! I will do it. I have done it. THANKS!

6 Likes

I’ll be darned! I managed to finish a Christmas scarf for my mom in time.

4 Likes

Here’s my entry, right at the last minute!

3 Likes

:scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle:

This Challenge is CLOSED! Now it’s time to VOTE! Please vote in the poll at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

:scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle: :scissors: :snowflake: :yarn: :christmas_tree: :thread: :gift: :safety_pin: :candle:

3 Likes

Just for fun, here’s some more getting ahead of the holiday fun. I made 3 spiced pear & apple crisps and froze them. I can either bake them during the holidays, or gift them to friends and neighbors.

7 Likes