Giant Spiderweb-Halloween Decor Entry 2021

I’ve seen a few fake giant spiderwebs in my neighborhood, but they were all basically rope ladders, and spiders don’t actually make ladders, so I figured I could do better to go with my wildlife habitat. And then I learned that Harbor Freight makes glow-in-the-dark rope…

The spider was actually donated by a neighbor who wasn’t using it this year; clearly next year’s project should be a more spider-like giant spider.

Because the rope was quite thick, knots showed up pretty dramatically, so most of the cross-points are tied together with twine, and then I melted the ends of the ties off so they didn’t dangle all over the place.

In progress, making up a frame…

16 Likes

Awesome! Of course you know how the spiders really do it! :spider_web:

1 Like

Glow rope? I’m headed to Harbor Freight!

I think the spider looks very spidery. Will you make a tarantula or something? They don’t make webs, do they?

1 Like

This is so great!

1 Like

And it glows! Awesome sauce!

1 Like

I bet this was a huge hit with all passersby! Super creative and so well made!

1 Like

Awesome! I love that it glows too!

1 Like

It’s vaguely the right shape, but it only has 2 eyes (not 8) and no mouth or anything, and the fur is… very fake-fur based off of mammals. I think I need to do a chibi orb weaver or something so it’s not super threatening, but can be a little more accurate anatomy-wise.

1 Like

Excellent! I love the glow rope!

1 Like

Very cool. Love the use of the glow rope.

1 Like