Halloween Home & Yard Decor Challenge 2021

:jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull:

Halloween Home & Yard Decor Challenge!

The most wonderful time of the year is nearly here… Halloween! And why should costumes get all the focus? Why not show the whole neighborhood your Halloween spirit by decorating your home or yard!

YOUR MISSION - CRAFT SOME EPIC HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS!

The Rules:

• Your item may be a piece of home decor, or outdoor home/yard decor. It may be a single item, like a wreath, or a larger project, like a scene or vignette in your yard.
  • You may have help or collaborate on the decor piece with an immediate family member or close friend like your spouse, or BFF, but that is it. You cannot submit a Haunted House created by your entire church group.
  • Your decor may contain some purchased elements, but must be predominantly handmade by you. (Examples of purchased items could be plastic skeleton bones, to go with the headstones you carved out of foam.)
  • Each LC member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread. If you create multiple scenes or areas of decor for your home, it will count as 1 entry.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on November 5th.

The winner of the Halloween Home & Yard Decor Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Home & Garden Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include β€œ- Halloween Decor Entry 2021” (example: Jennie’s Spooky Skull Wreath - Halloween Decor Entry 2021). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on November 6th - 12th.
  • The winner will be announced on November 13th.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

:jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :skull:

Entries:
@TheMistressT’s Little Dutch Zombies
@sheepBlue’s Pumpkin House
@bethntim’s Spooky Shack
@HeroicHatchling’s Alebrije for Dia De Los Muertos
@thanate’s Giant Spiderweb

Halloween Home & Yard Decor Challenge 2021
  • Little Dutch Zombies
  • Pumpkin House
  • Spooky Shack
  • Alebrije for Dia De Los Muertos
  • Giant Spiderweb

0 voters

6 Likes

This is gonna be so much fun! I can’t wait to see what people create.

1 Like

This will be awesome!

1 Like

This is going to be epic!

1 Like

So cool, can’t wait!

2 Likes

I am finishing up two totally different Halloween decor projects and not sure which one to submit for the challenge! Hmmmmm.

3 Likes

Silly me, I’m decorating a pumpkin for a contest at work so will actually have something to enter in this contest!

3 Likes

I did it! Here’s my entry:

2 Likes

I’m so glad we have an entry!

1 Like

I hope that seeing the title will remind/encourage others to get their projects in! Luckily, there is still 2.5 weeks!

1 Like

Finished mine this weekend!

3 Likes

Would a Dia De Los Muertos Decoration (item or the ofrenda) count for this? The kids did all the Halloween decorating this year…they wouldn’t even let me carve one pumpkin of my own, but I got to make pumpkin pie and an alebrije for the ofrenda.

2 Likes

I want to see them!

1 Like

I would think so but you should check with @MistressJennie who is moderating the contest.

1 Like

Just to clarify, the Dia De Los Muertos decoration was made by you, right? Because you mentioned the kids doing the Halloween decor, I just want to be sure I understand before I say yes.

If so, then yes. I will happily count a Dia De Los Muertos piece for the Halloween Decor Challenge.

1 Like

Yes! I made my own alebrije. the kids made some too, but I will submit the one that I made myself :smile:. they are less possessive of dia de los Muertos than Halloween and allowed me to make some of the decorations :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Perfect! Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Just in time!

2 Likes

Here’s my entry!

Alebrije for Dia De Los Muertos - Halloween Decor Entry 2021

1 Like

and one from me!

2 Likes