Give me a good soft chocolate fudge recipe and a stiff peanut butter fudge recipe

Alrighty, planning on a marbled fudge for my wife, and what I’d like would be a soft chocolaty fudge with a tad stiffer peanut butter fudge marbled into it.

My ingredients I have for this are

1. Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
  2. Heavy whipping cream
  3. Walnuts
  4. Natural peanut butter (basically no-sugar peanut butter, it has a better texture in my opinion).
  5. Marshmallow creme.
  6. Salted cream butter
  7. Vanilla
  8. Powdered sugar

alton brown has a good microwave peanut butter fudge recipe

1 Like

Condensed milk recipe

I remember staring at the cans thinking about getting one…thinking about it.

Meh, I’m rather curious about this, the fudge might be rather good with the maple flavoring.

(mental note to self: study this as this is taking much much longer than 30 minutes, O_o).

Ok, looks like 3 is a better setting for my stove. And I think I will keep this recipe, it smells so bloody awsome. Only thing missing is some bacon, Hah!

Ok, it’s chilling so lets see how it turns out. (forgot the walnuts as I forgot just how much standing is involved in making fudge, ay carrumba I hurt).

Half of Alton’s recipe in geekgirl’s link and used natural peanut butter (unsweetened), I also used the following recipes.

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Made with maple syrup. (log cabin brand).

Easy Fudge Recipe

Changes.
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
8 oz maple syrup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbls. Marshmallow creme
2 Tbls. Butter

Edit:

Hoo doggy, used the last 1/2 cup of the maple cndensed milk I had left over to make my Lazy bread pudding and it’s awesome.

Too soft. Meh, it’s really good, though.

Ok, two days in and the chocolate part still has the consistency of a gooey browny. Wife loves it, but it is bothering the heck out of me. The next time I attempt it, if I remember it, cut out the butter (since the condensed milk has the butter already in it, it’s unneeded). and cut out one tablespoon of marshmallow creme, and don’t forget the walnuts.

Another thing that bugs me, is the chocolate seems to overpower the maple. I might have to make two batches to tell for sure.

A side note, I found there is birch syrup, I’d love to try that. Oooh, I wonder what a birch flavored custard would be like.

Well, it’s still really really really good. Soften the peanut butter up, and add in a tad bit more milk, I bet this recipe would make a wonderful pudding.