Lazy Microwaveable Bread Pudding

1. 1 egg
  2. 1/2 c. Milk
  3. 1 Tbls. Sugar
  4. 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  5. 1/8 tsp. Ginger
  6. 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
  7. 1 Tbls. Melted butter
  8. 2 slices of bread (a good way to use up heels)

Mix everything except the bread thoroughly. Blend in bread and let stand for about 5 minutes. Pour into a 2 cup glass bowl, cover and microwave for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. If you can wait, let it chill in the fridge. Else, do like me and gobble it up and then whimper about how you couldn’t wait for it to chill.

Milk Toast

1. 1/2 c. Milk
  2. 1 Tbls. Sugar
  3. 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  4. Four slices of buttered toast.

Heat the milk, cinnamon, and sugar til hot.
Pour 1/8 c. over one slice of the buttered toast.
Eat before the bread gets overly soggy, or eat it when it gets soggy. I like it both ways, :grin:

The milk toast is the earliest memory I have of food, and probably why I loooooove bread pudding. I was over at my aunt’s house and my cousin made it for me. That was somewhere between the years 78 and 80…A looong time ago (for me, heh).

9 Likes

Oh my gosh! Trying it with Butter Pecan ice cream. Oh this is soooo goooooooooood!

3 Likes

Looks delicious!

Thanks for the recipe!
I love bread pudding but always wait until I have a bunch of leftovers, but this is so much quicker!

I’m going to show this to my husband- he loves bread pudding. Heels? sounds better than butt bread.

1 Like

modified for my 8x6x3 inch pan. (also, made to be smoother than thicker…plus, won’t know how it turns out til tomorrow).

2+1/2 c. milk
6 eggs
2+1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/2 c. sugar (made sweeter for my father-in-law. Else, I would have used 1/3 cup)
1 tsp. Vanilla
5 Tbls. Melted butter

mix well all ingredients then blend in 6 slices of French brioche, or about 8-9 oz. of croissants. Let sit for ten minutes, then pour into a 8x6x3 inch dish and bake for 55 minutes at 350°F.

if using an 8x8x2 in. dish, bake for 40 minutes.

add two more brioche slices or 3 more ounces of croissants for a thicker bread pudding.