Give My Best to Cratchit & Hobbes - Lucky Rocketship Nightshirt

1. TheMisterT has a long-lived love of the old Calvin & Hobbes comic including Calvin’s “Lucky Rocketship Underpants.”

2. We’ve been watching Schitt’s Creek together (my 3rd time, his 1st) and have enjoyed Johnny’s wearing of nightshirts including David’s reaction, “Give my best to Bob Cratchit.”

3. TheMisterT has a birthday coming up and I think he would actually enjoy a summer weight nightshirt, so I made him his own Lucky Rocketship Nightshirt!

The pattern is an older one I purchased unused from Etsy: McCall’s 6642.

I bought the fabric just for this, but the button and thread were from stash. The overall color combined with the scale of the print gives it a bit of a hospital gown vibe that I hadn’t anticipated and I hope he doesn’t notice. :upside_down_face: Hopefully the cheery yellow button and the contrasting buttonhole detract from that look a little.

If he likes it, I can see making the long-sleeved view in fun(ny) flannel for fall/winter - there’s a nightcap in the pattern, too!

UPDATE: I have indeed made the long-sleeved view in flannel with matching nightcap!

16 Likes

Awesome! Beautiful sewing too!

2 Likes

Lovely! And I’ll be looking for that cozy flannel version complete with matching nightcap this coming winter :smiley:

3 Likes

I would wear the s$!t outta that!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! And it looks so comfortable.

1 Like

Yes!! A nightcap! :laughing: Full Bob Cratchit. Hope he loves it.

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone!

How fun is this?? Beautiful workmanship as always!

But I have to ask, especially considering all of the “unmentionables” you have made for theMrT over the years, will there actually BE some lucky rocket ship underpants? :thinking::laughing:

1 Like

How fun is this? Happy early birthday to TheMisterT!

Thanks, friends!

Ha! I have definitely made a few pairs of Lucky Rocketship Underpants! And even a couple styles of pair of Lucky Rocketship Lounge Pants!

3 Likes

Sweeeeet! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome! Love the contrast button and the adorable rocket ship fabric.

1 Like

Love this fabric and love that you made a night shirt. So awesome.

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone!