Gnome Towel Topper

I just finished making this Christmas present for my dad:

I used this pattern:

Dad does all the dishes at my parents’ house, which is oh so appreciated! He and mom also love to go all out with the Christmas decorations every year, so I thought he might appreciate these festive towel toppers! I’m about halfway done with a matching one in green. Maybe one for the freezer handle and one for the oven?

23 Likes

Adorable! My grandmother used to crochet hangers to the top of dish towels, but this is so much cuter. Bet your dad will love it!

1 Like

Very cute!

1 Like

That’s so cute!

1 Like

My goodness that’s cute!

1 Like

Super cute! I love the peppermint swirl button!

1 Like

that’s a hoot!

1 Like

Thanks! The button is from a set of two on a card, and has been in my stash for yeeeears. They’re vintage and I’d been saving them for the perfect project. I think I finally found it! XD

3 Likes

Get outta town! That kicks butt!

1 Like

This is adorable!

1 Like

I just saw this pattern somewhere the other day, and it’s so clever! You did a nice job stitching it up, too! How long did it take?

1 Like

Ahhh, I’m so bad at answering that question because I always work on these things in bits and pieces and in between other WIPs. Ummm… not as long as a full ami, I guess?

1 Like

LOL! Good enough! I am just trying to decide if I have time to make 3 before Christmas. I want to make one for my mom, but then I have a feeling she’ll ask me to make a couple as gifts, and it would be nice to pull them out, fully formed!

1 Like

Yeah, as long as you have all the materials ready, three before Christmas should be doable!

I finished the second one!

And yeah, if I had to guess, maybe it all told it was… under four hours? Maybe way under? WHO KNOWS.

5 Likes

I love how the green and red versions look together! What a fun project

1 Like

I ordered the rings already, and plan to hit the store to pick up the yarn on Friday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see your versions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hot dang! :hotdog: Your wonderful project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Thanks for sharing it here with us! :rainbow:

1 Like

this is so freaking cute!

1 Like