Go Bananas Swap Gallery

I received an absolutely gorgeous parcel from @anna.wahnsinn!! It took a LOOOONG time to get here, but it was totally worth waiting for!

Here’s all the loveliness, all in my favourite colours too :blue_heart: :green_heart: :purple_heart: :peacock:

The main item is a fabulous patchwork fabric basket. Anne said it was her first patchwork piece - wow, so well done! There’s a matching pincushion too :blue_heart: There’s not one but two sets of stitch markers, not one but two beaded necklaces, a cool needlebook, a pretty painted painted pebble, and a big haul of lovely yarn too!! So spoiled :smiley_cat:

Anne is such a master of beadwork!

Here’s a closer view of the gorgeous patchwork (love the batik fabrics) and little chameleons. And, in the little needlebook, there was a flock of fimo birdie pins to perch on the pincushion (there’s a whole heap of them :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:) They are family effort, as her girls helped make them - they are so sweet!

Thank you so much Anne for a very generous and thoughtful package!! I will treasure what you created and how much love and care you put into everything! :green_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart:

9 Likes

What an amazing package! And soooo color coordinated! The tiny chameleons are so charming; they’re cracking me up! And I’d never thought of altering pins that way but I LOVE it! Can you just mold the clay around regular pin heads and bake as usual?

1 Like

What a fabulous package - the patchwork basket is stunning

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I’m just so, so relieved the box finally made it to Jemimah.

Oh by the way, don’t let that pebble get wet! I tried three types of varnish and nothing would work, that paint would always come off. But by that time I was so in love with the colours I did not want to use the plain boring acrylics, so now you have a watercolour pebble.

4 Likes

That is a fabulous package. I am also three lucky owner of one of those beaded necklaces, separate strings, I wear it all the time

2 Likes

what a great package! I love the color coordination!

Me too!

1 Like

@Edel and @geekgirl, I’m so happy to hear this, thank you! While I prefer the look of the multistrand necklaces too I hardly ever wear mine anymore – the clasp keeps snagging on my hair, it is uncomfortable on my neck (stupid dysplasia) and oh I don’t know. I just grab a lattice style one every time. Or something a fellow craftsterer/lettuce leaf (what do we say now?) made for me. But now I am working on a different design that would make it a pull-on-style too, so I get to wear it (or even new ones) and know there are more being worn around the world :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

What a wonderful way to end our gallery! I’m so glad this swap had such a happy ending.

3 Likes

Beautiful package!!! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I’ll be careful with it :smiley_cat: it’s so pretty!!

1 Like

Thank you Jennie for an awesome swap … and your patience!!

1 Like

The Lettuce Leafs, I like it :slight_smile: it also sounds like a singing group :slight_smile::notes:

3 Likes