Go Bananas Swap Gallery

Such a beautiful package! That weaving is amazing. Reminds me of a map from a fantasy novel. So, so lovely.

1 Like

@Abbeeroad is definitely an amazing partner! I’ve been lucky enough to be partnered with her before. She never disappoints!

1 Like

She’s also an awesome human being.

5 Likes

Aw…you guys! :blush:

3 Likes

You guys do know our Abbeeroad is famous, right? yep, I have her fabric page that was featured in a book, which I also bought! Her talent and generosity has grown over the years…and this package shows it all!

love the weaving…so much to see…just want to touch all of the textures…

cute little cat all dressed up in finery…

and the beads!

7 Likes

How do I not know this?? What book? What project? I must know! :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes! What sheep said! I need pictured and deets!

3 Likes

Haha…famous, obviously not if no one knows about it! :laughing:

I submitted a page to a call for artists for this book.

I had to dig around on Deadster to find it:

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430511.msg5169939#msg5169939

@marionberries is to blame…and she’s in the book too!!

7 Likes

That’s so cool!

4 Likes

Glad you are tooting the horn for yourself and @marionberries…I thought it was awesome but I didn’t want to post for you…I have the book and of course, I have my page!!!

2 Likes

I can’t find it on Deadster @Abbeeroad … my post I mean. I’ll keep looking. I had forgot all about it! Ah, how fast fame fades.

3 Likes

I don’t care…I carry a high regard and stars in my eyes for you both… :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

3 Likes

Thank you. i owe so much to Craftster and all the wonderful people who share their love of art and crafts. I had done little crafting for years and then I found Craftster and all of you. Saved my little crafty brain! Most fun ever!

6 Likes

I’m so intrigued by this! Apparently there was a call for artisans, ans y’all submitted and were published?

I love your piece @Abbeeroad. The hair! And the nose curve! Love!

4 Likes

I have so many regrets over lurking for so long on Cster.

5 Likes

Damn, girl!

I received from @JoyfulClover today and it’s amazing!!! She is one talented lady!

I’m also going to follow her note in my post progression. :smile:

First, she made a felt necklace with remnants from her guild swap and red beads she’s had in her stash forever…just waiting for me, I guess. :wink:

Close up of her stitching and the little bead details:

I’ve admired this style of necklace for the longest time! And now I have one - in colors that are seriously custom tailored to me. I could wear this with everything I own. In fact, I put it on right away!

:heart_eyes:

One piece of wearable art wasn’t enough, she made me a second woven piece. Can you believe this is the first time she’s woven anything?!?

There was a story for every part of this necklace. I love that! The weaving represents a beach landscape, and is accented with stone beads from Chicago (great city!), sea glass from the Outer Banks, and silver beads from an old jingling anklet. And I still safety pin my macrame to my knee, too! :laughing: Don’t fix what’s not broken, right?!

Another shot, because I couldn’t decide which I liked better:

And last but not least, I am the honored recipient of JC’s first prayer flag.

Look at all that stitching!! :star_struck: I love every fiber of this baby. I am sure this wasn’t intended, but it makes me think of my favorite childhood movie, The Neverending Story. The colors are very Ivory Tower and Bastian renames the Child-like Empress “Moon Child” after his mom. Extra love here.

Yes, I took 2 pictures of everything, lol. Here’s a close up shot:

And extras! She sent me note cards that will be well-used and a pin! I didn’t tell JC this, but I have been slowly building a little pin collection inspired my some of my favorite fellow Lettuce Heads. :smile: This one says “can’t we all just knit along.”

JC is so thoughtful, she did not forget my kiddos. A bunch of playful goodies for them…perfect for while we are stuck at home.

Thank you so much Joyful! You truly sent a box of treasures.

12 Likes

Such a talent with needles! WOW…the felt and embroidered necklace is an eye catcher! I love everything about it…

First weaving? Gorgeous…

Whole lot of stitching in that prayer flag…

2 Likes

That weaving is the weaving of a pro! Dang, girl! The necklace is very intricate and pretty. Look at all.thise tiny stitches on the prayer flag! Such a thoughtful package!

2 Likes

YAY!!! I am so freaking happy you like it!!!

I did make the chain long, so feel free to remove links. I figure it is easier to remove than try to make longer someway!

The weaving is actually flipped over (and showing it’s belly). But YES, MY FRIEND, it’s a happy little beach landscape scene. But after seeing your weavings, I wish I would have gone a little more wild. I learned a lot this go-round, and feel like next time will be much better!

I.LOVE.THIS.!!! What a great movie! I’m so happy it strikes a good chord in you!

Thank you for being such an excellent Banana partner, Abbeeroad! You’re the bomb dot com!!

4 Likes