Go Bananas Swap Gallery

Holy cow I didn’t realize the little clay figures were so tiny! Amazing!

And I love the ESD! Rock ‘n’ roll horns all the way!

1 Like

I’m sure I missed a few but the last couple I saw are awesome! The doll! That hair! Oh, I love it! Maybe I should use up some of my yarn and make one for me that I can take to school and be sneaky when I need to try to change classroom energy (bahaha)…hopefully in the Fall!

Also, what a teensy tiny poly clay shrine. Super cute and detailed.

1 Like

Yes! I used air dry paper clay for the mask. The quills were a bit tedious, lol. I took little bits of clay and rolled them out into little spikes to air dry. Then I glued down each spike onto the mask in two rows. The final row I sculpted into the front of the mask to help hide the glue and to give further strength to the back rows. Then lots of sanding of the overall mask before priming and painting! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Holy cow Nichole!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! What an amazing little work of art! Thanks for sharing information on your materials and process, @StudioANF. Hope it will get it’s own topic, if it hasn’t already.

2 Likes

That demon is amazing!!! I’m in love with the whole concept but the execution is perfection. Patent that sh*t @StudioANF!

3 Likes

Woah. That is intense! All your efforts were rewarded, though! What a truly excellent piece!

1 Like

I’ve just noticed the buttons. How cute!

1 Like

Received from Raury today! The shawl is huge, like wider than my wingspan. The heart cross stitch will be hung in my sewing room, where I collect other peoples’ art. :grin:

9 Likes

Very pretty! I love that color.

I can already say that I need the pattern to that shawl!! It is beautiful! Love the fringe and the lacework…

1 Like

I found the pattern on Pinterest. Pineapple stitch sidewalk shawl

3 Likes

The color for me shows up very blue. It’s definitely purple, but it’s raining and sort of dark here so that might have affected the color.

1 Like

thanks! It is beautiful…and so glad it is crochet as well…my mind does not want to knit properly under quarantine…

3 Likes

:laughing: quarantine brain is a thing!

2 Likes

Thanks…I figured some of the things that I am going through are related…napping, not able to concentrate, vegging out, etc. Crochet seems to keep me awake, active, and busy…at least it is productive so I don’t feel like a slug most days!! Going to go look for some yarn now…

1 Like

My husband has started to work himself out of quarantine brain. He needs more out in the world interaction than I do, and his job “exiled” him to work from home full time. He also can’t get to the gym to work out (which is saying something since he’s training to compete in strongman competitions). He’s gotten over the worst of it, which exhibited as him forgetting to do stuff he always does, leaving his stuff lying around WHEREVER he goes and not just in the usual places, things like that. He finally figured out what was causing it and made himself a new goal to work toward while at home.
Mental health overall is gonna be a longer road to recovery than the physical sickness I think.

2 Likes

lol my husband is in super cleaning mode and cooking mode…we all have to do what we can to stay mentally well…we got an exercise bike and he plays basketball…never before has physical and mental health been so challenged, but we are learning and we will get through this…I worry about my nephew who contracted the disease…he just turned 40 but says he feels 90…the road to his recovery might not ever happen, but he is trying…

3 Likes

Out of 22 swappers, despite a despite a pandemic, 18 have sent out on time! One pair even managed a socially distant exchange. Just two people have been prevented from sending due to Covid-19, and I’m just waiting on 2 more to check in.

Well done folks! Way to jump back into swapping. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

On a personal note: After bouncing around the US for no apparent reason for 13 days, my package to @Edel is finally in Ireland! It arrived in Dublin yesterday. I could weep with joy at knowing it’s not lost.

6 Likes