Godzilla Baby Maternity Tee

I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. Back around 10 weeks, when we learned we were having a girl, my husband gave her the ‘placeholder name’, of Abigail Godzilla. He said that Godzilla is clearly the perfect middle name for any child, and that the ‘g’ in the middle of Abigail, helps the ‘G’ in Godzilla really ‘pop’. Ever since, we’ve been calling her Godzilla for short.

We are planning on telling family about the pregnancy on Thanksgiving Day. (We’ve held off longer than usual, because we had several pregnancy losses before, and wanted to be certain this time). Since our families are so far away, I thought they might like some pictures to go along with the news. But what kind of family picture to take and send them? A sappy, soft-focused shot of me in a lacy dress, staring dreamily at my belly? No, it’s not really our style. (No offense to anyone who’s style it is. You do YOU friends! :wink: :fist:)

I decided instead to do a simple ‘family photo’ of all three of us. So clearly little Godzilla needed to be visible. She needed to be ON my shirt! I found a stencil of Godzilla holding a plane. I used the Silhouette editing software to change that to a baby bottle. Then I changed the shape of her head, so I could add the bow, and threw in a few sparkly hearts. After all, everyone should know that girls can grow up to be giant lizard sea creatures warped by nuclear bombs, right?

Best of all, all the heat transfer vinyl was already in my stash, and cut right the first time. It also ironed on well. I was so worried that I’d ruin a $20 maternity tee!

Here’s our finished ‘Family Picture’ for you all.

Finally, if any friends here are struggling with infertility, and want a friend to talk to, please feel free to reach out to me. LC friends kept me going throughout our long journey, and I wouldn’t be here posting this, without their love and support. I’d be happy to lend my support in return.

38 Likes

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! I have had my own fertility struggles and remember well all the feels that come with it.This is the most perfect family picture! #girlgoals!

4 Likes

What wonderful wonderful news, Jennie! You and your husband look so happy. Happy tears over here for you both. XO

2 Likes

Yeah, how exciting! Congratulations. Such a sweet way to announce this happy moment.

You and your hubby remind me of my youngest son and his wife - significant height difference.

3 Likes

Aw, yey! What a fun way to present your wonderful news to your families! And what a cool way to wear your baby’s story-so-far!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Love the Godzilla shirt and the story behind it. One for the baby book for sure!

2 Likes

Oh, what happy news! Congratulations! I love how the shirt turned out and the backstory.

2 Likes

Awww…crying happy tears for you guys…congrats!!

2 Likes

Congratulations, and what a great Tee!

But I hope you don’t really name your child Abigail Godzilla–it stumbles off the tongue.

Priscilla Godzilla is much better.

5 Likes

This is the cutest way I can think of to welcome a baby! My code name for my son (my rainbow baby) was “pooper” he’s 21 now and I still call him pooper. My daughter’s nickname was baby grape

5 Likes

So happy! I know we have shed many tears before of sadness and now it is tears of happiness! I know your families are just going to flip! Baby G is going to have a bunch of “aunts”… :heart: :purple_heart: :heart: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

How exciting - congratulations!! What a fun way to make the announcement!

3 Likes

Congratulations! This is amazing :heart: :lizard:

3 Likes

calicocat2 calicokitten calicocat2

2 Likes

I looooove this!!!

2 Likes

Some people still call my daughter baby grape, as grape is the literal translation of her name :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Awwwwww! That’s so cute! What’s her name? (If you don’t mind sharing?)

1 Like

Congratulations Jennie, I’m so happy for the three of you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That is hysterical! Congrats!!!

1 Like