Godzilla Bebe! - Halloween Costume Entry 2022

While I was just 11 weeks pregnant with our daughter, my husband somehow nicknamed her Godzilla. This lasted throughout the pregnancy, and our entire families started calling her that too, and it even became a theme in our decorating her nursery. So what else could she be for her very first Halloween, but a little tiny Godzilla?

I purchased a fleece zip romper from Primary to use as the base, along with a matching pair of sweat pants to cut up to create the tail.

The belly is a fun metallic scale fabric I found at Joann’s. I also used it on the bottom of the tail. The teeth were also made of felt, stitched along the edge of the hood.

The spines were created from some thick purple felt. I cut them on the fold, stitched down the center, then folded them up and topstitched the layers together so they stand up nice and straight.

I actually had enough fabric from the sweat pants to make a pair of shoes too! The pattern came from Aloha Little Ones on Etsy. The tops are made of the scale print, and the bottom and lining are from the sweat pants. Claws are yet more felt.

The eyes were a fun and totally lucky find, on the wrong peg, in the wrong aisle of Joann’s. I loved the teal sparkly eyelashes. I had really hoped to use more fabric to create eyelids on the top and bottom of the eyes, but I ran out of time.

She’s pretty darn cute, but beware… she’s HUNGRY! RAWR!!!

33 Likes

Well, thats an effing adorable set of pics. Love it!

1 Like

She is beautiful; look at that smile! It’s so great that you dressed her up as Godzilla. Love all the different components, and the fabrics tie them all together. What great “first Halloween” pictures, too!

2 Likes

THIS IS SOOOOO KEWWWWWWT! I mean, in a ferocious way, of course. :upside_down_face:
Wonderful details and so smart to use something so comfy and cozy as the base. She probably hardly noticed she was dressed up… I use the same trick to get Delia into costumes. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ugh she’s definitely taken over my heart, what a monster :wink: So adorable!!

1 Like

Ah!!! I love this so much!! The tail! The booties! The teeth! The bebe! Lolol. All around awesome.

1 Like

My daughter (self proclaimed Ada penpal) is cooing and nana-exclaiming “awwww, Baaaabyyyy.” As she clutches the pearls at the cuteness. Haha

2 Likes

Adorable, and the costume is cute too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Fitting choice for her first Halloween. You did a darling job.

2 Likes

Could she BE any cuter?!? The little toes KILL me!!

1 Like

You really did a nice job of embellishing that romper and taking so much work and time away from your VERY busy mom days! Just adding that scale fabric to the front and the hood would have done it, but, Noooo…you made those cute shoes!

Her first Halloween… :heart:

3 Likes

SO CUUUUUUUUTE!!!

I love it! She is adorable! Perfect costume choice, too!

2 Likes

That shiny scale fabric is perfect and coordinates really nicely with the romper and those little slippers are super cute! The eyes on the hoodie are the perfect touch.
Who knew Godzilla could be so darn cute!? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

She is just too cute!

1 Like

My goodness she is too cute! I love the scale fabric, it gives it a fun pop!

1 Like

Baby Godzilla … SO, SO ADORABLE

1 Like

Such a cute little monster!

1 Like

She could not be cuter xx

She is the best!

:fireworks: Congratulations, this is a featured project for this week :fireworks:

1 Like

AAWWWW!! That is one cute little babe. I just want to smooch her little cheeks!! And the costume is ADORABLE. you make adorableness.

1 Like

Gorgeous! and so cool to see all the details of how you made the costume!

1 Like