Halloween Costume Challenge 2022!

:skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

:vampire:t2: :elf:t2: :woman_zombie: :man_superhero: :woman_supervillain: :mage: Halloween Costume Challenge 2022! :woman_mage: :man_supervillain: :woman_superhero: :zombie: :elf: :vampire:t2:

The most wonderful time of the year is nearly hereโ€ฆ Halloween! The perfect time to be anything your heart desires. Or to dress your kiddos up as anything their hearts desire! So pull your fabric sheers out of your secret hiding place, grab your faithful glue gun, and get crafting on a totally epic Halloween costume!

YOUR MISSION - CRAFT AN AWESOME HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

The Rules:

• Your costume may be for yourself, or for a family member or friend.
  • You may have help or collaborate on the costume with an immediate family member like your spouse.
  • Your costume may contain some purchased elements, but must be predominantly handmade by you. (Examples of purchased items could be a crown, to go with the princess dress you sewed.)
  • Each LC member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread. If you wish to submit a group or family set of costumes, it will count as 1 entry.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on November 5th.

The winner of the Halloween Costume Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Fashion & Wearables Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include โ€œ- Halloween Costume Entry 2022โ€ (example: Jennieโ€™s Vampire Costume - Halloween Costume Entry 2022). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on November 6th - 12th.
  • The winner will be announced on November 13th.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Letโ€™s have fun!

:skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:
Entries:
@MightyMitochondriaโ€™s Cactus Hoodie
@tendstowardschaosโ€™ Elizabeth Swann Costume
@irid3sc3ntโ€™s Minecraft Creeper
@MistressJennieโ€™s Godzilla Bebe
@HeroicHatchlingโ€™s Family Star Wars Costumes

Voting!

Halloween Costume Challenge 2022
  • Cactus Hoodie by MightyMitochondria
  • Elizabeth Swann Costume by tendstowardschaos
  • Minecraft Creeper by irid3sc3nt
  • Godzilla Bebe by MistressJennie
  • Star Wars Family Costume by HeroicHatchling

0 voters

7 Likes

For inspiration, be sure to check out last yearโ€™s winner, Fireman in a Firetruck by @AudiobookLover!

7 Likes

YES! I am planning and plotting for Halloween as we speak!! Iโ€™m very excited about the girlsโ€™ current request. Letโ€™s hope they donโ€™t change their mindsโ€ฆ

LOVED last yearโ€™s!! :heart:

2 Likes

The mind-changing can really be a challenge lol!

Iโ€™ve begun plotting how to make Her Ladyshipโ€™s costume dreams come true. I need to step it up, the month will flit by before we know it!

2 Likes

This challenge is always EPIC!

2 Likes

I canโ€™t wait to see the Halloween awesomeness!

1 Like

Woohoo!! Some supplies arrived today. Still waiting on a couple things, but I can start getting pieces done! Exciting!

1 Like

Iโ€™ve been pulling supplies and debating purchasesโ€ฆ time to make the calls and get on the ball!

1 Like

Pieces arrived for my project today too!

2 Likes

I wasnโ€™t planning on entering anything this year until I started working on my costume for a friendโ€™s party. What started as a fun fascinator and stenciled tee is goingโ€ฆbeyond that haha. Love it when a project starts taking on a life of itโ€™s own. I will be posting :wink:

4 Likes

I was going to enter, but I caved and bought part of the costume. Minecraft creeper. Weโ€™re making the head, though. Square box and different hues of green felt and some kind of netting for the eyes and mouth. Should be fun, but I just canโ€™t make the whole body before Friday.

1 Like

Every year, I think to myself that THIS is the year Iโ€™m finally going to make a cool costume (inspired by all the amazing things Iโ€™ve pinned on my Pinterest boards). And every year, I donโ€™t do it. This year is looking the sameโ€ฆ I think I have a googly eye somewhere that I can stick on my forehead, a la โ€œEverything, Everywhere, All at Onceโ€โ€ฆ

1 Like

I purchased a pink skeleton onesie for too much money and also plans for one of those masks/helmets that you fold yourself. Itโ€™s a pink rabbit head, but looks menacing. Itโ€™s a very strange pairing and I love it.

1 Like

I definitely purchased aspects/bases of my home-made costumes and Iโ€™ll still enter them!! I would say you could definitely enter just the creeper head @irid3sc3nt. Having painted many a Minecraft block, itโ€™s a lot of work!

Itโ€™ll be too easy, I think. Iโ€™m going to paint the base color black and then adhere felt on it. Oh, I think I already said that. Maybe youโ€™re right.

1 Like

I just finished costumes for DH and myself. Now, which one to enter in the contestโ€ฆ?

2 Likes

Iโ€™m looking forward to seeing what you came up with for both costumes!

1 Like

It was not too easy. I watched three movies (Rocky Horror, Adam Project, [canโ€™t remember third])plus a couple show episodes on tv (Kimโ€™s Convenience, Bee & PuppyCat) while cutting, placing, and gluing. It was crazy how long it took!

3 Likes

Yess!! They seem so simple, those Minecraft blocks, but they are deceptive!

2 Likes

Cactus hoodie: Cactus hoodie - Halloween Costume Entry 2022

1 Like