Gotta Match Jewelry

I am no fashionista for sure. Partly because I am a bit lazy when it comes to switching out my purse, jewelry and even shoes to match what I am wearing. I have been aiming for simplicity and versatility but then I find myself getting bored carrying the same bag, wearing the same jewelry, blech.

I decided I would get more wear out of what I have if I could change little things so I have been making jewelry to go with my collection of recycled sari skirts. Most of the jewelry can go with other things as well and even other skirts since I tend to gravitate towards the same colors.

Here is my latestโ€ฆsimple black cording was used with minimal jewelry findings as I gave most of it away. Beads are from Womenโ€™s World Beads.

With the skirt I want to wear this with:

I have the Colonel Mustard snag tights to match so I donโ€™t expose myself if the wind catches my skirt. A pair of black flats and I am ready to go!

23 Likes

What a great match to the fabric!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Those look gorgeous together!

1 Like

K, all of this is gorgeous. I bet you look so beautiful in these mix & match outfits

I need to be braver about wearing colour!

1 Like

I remember you mentioned this company before, checking out their size guide & I am baffled, woo. How do I figure that out? Iโ€™m 5โ€™7", 150lbs.
I want mustard legs! How cool is that?!

Iโ€™ll send you a PM addressing this.

This is a perfect match! They look amazing together!

2 Likes

What a great way to make it easy to switch things up! You could even store the jewelry with the skirt!

1 Like

Yes, Iโ€™ve been trying to think of a way to remind me that I have jewelry to go with a particular skirt. I was thinking of taking copies of the photos of the jewelry and attaching them to the hangers.

I like this set to wear with jeans and my embroidered linen tops as well so I donโ€™t want to hang it with the skirt or else it could get โ€œlostโ€โ€ฆI have quite a few skirts so it would take a while to find.

2 Likes

I can so see you in this outfit. Beautiful way to complete it!

1 Like

gawjus!

My jewelry hangs on a wall next to my closet. I can pull out a garment and hold it up to the jewelry to see what feels right today.

3 Likes

Pretty jewelry and such a perfect match to your skirt!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning.

1 Like

I so get your struggle with fashion, Iโ€™m the same, wish I had more energy for fashion but nope.

I love the beads you used and the combination of them, hope you get to use them many days!

Thanks! I wore them today but with navy leggings, and white shirt. Iโ€™ll wear the skirt to the museum tomorrow.

8 Likes

It looks even more gorgeous on you, great picture, where is that โ€œyou rockโ€ button :metal:

1 Like

Beautiful! Great colour on you & good choice of white shirt.

1 Like

These are lovely! And they go great with your skirt. BTW, did I tell you I accidentally found a solution to the lack of pockets in those skirts? Hip Klip bags. I take the second clip off, and slide my skirt strings through the jump rings, and presto! Instant pocket big enough for phone, ID, cards, etc.

2 Likes