Graffiti Fabric Collage Cards

I made this set of six cards for the Homemade Greeting Card Swap. They are about 5"x7".

The backgrounds were made with paint pens on kraft card stock.

I’ll use a piece as a protective layer whenever I use my paint pens, so I started with that sheet and just kept layering (as I was coloring that sheet, I had another one as protection behind it, so the cycle just continued). I did three full sheets and then cut them in half to get six backgrounds.

I cut out images from this fabric. I used collage medium to adhere the fabric to the backgrounds and as a top coat over everything.

I used my Xyron to attach the backrounds to the cards (which are also kraft card stock), and added some stitching and a nice piece of writing paper inside.

card inside

Then packaged them up and shipped them off to their new homes!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 Likes

These are so cool! Thanks for sharing the process behind them.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining how you made these cards. They have so many layers of pattern, and I love how the fabric works with the background. So cool!

1 Like

This technique looks really fun and gives a lot of texture and depth to the cards. All are lovely, but the sailor girl is my favorite.

1 Like

I received one of these cool cards. It’s fun to see your process.

2 Likes

They are wonderful!
Great combination of painting and collage, and so colorful.

So cool! That minimal border of blue on your fabric images really makes them pop against the fun backgrounds!

1 Like

I love how vibrant these are! There’s a cool graffiti art vibe that is really cool.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate your kindness! The graffiti (or whatever word makes sense) backgrounds are fun to do - really meditative if you just go with instinct and don’t over think! I noticed when I started fussing or trying to plan they’d turn out worse. Luckily, you can just keep layering, lol!

2 Likes

These look so neat! I love the added detail of the stitching. What a great idea to use fabric for the focal points. I agree witty the earlier comment that the blue around the fabric really makes the images pop!

1 Like

Just love the vibe on these!!

1 Like