Granny Square Scarf

For the Santa’s Sack swap, I made a crocheted scarf for my partner, who said she liked the look of granny squares.

It had been a while since I made granny squares. (Oh, those many pesky ends to be woven!) But it was still fun, and I was pleased that it turned out as I had envisioned. Hope she enjoys wearing it!

20 Likes

Great use of granny squares! I bet this will get lots of use!

1 Like

Love!!!

1 Like

I love how you used a combination of square and round centres…this is great!

1 Like

OoooOoooo! I love granny squares myself and LOVE this scarf! It must be so cozy to wear and so comforting to see.

1 Like

Omg what a gorgeous scarf! Love the colors and everything. I totally love granny squares too.

1 Like

The colors you used are just great together! That green is one of my favorite colors!

Nice job on making something practical and beautiful…it will get a lot of wear, I am sure!

1 Like

I am deeply in love with this scarf! The colors are amazing. That green is fantastic. It is so cool!!!

2 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

I am the lucky recipient of this scarf and I ADORE it. I can hardly wait to show it off. It is as if endymion stole grandma’s afghan off the back of her couch. :smile:

3 Likes

Love this idea! The colours are great together and the mix of patterns is just right for a granny square creation.

2 Likes

I love this! I also love granny squares, but those ends to weave in keep me away from them. I hate weaving in ends. You have me thinking about making a few squares now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Am I lazy for weaving in as I go? If I had to do it at the end… well, I wouldn’t :smile:

3 Likes

I generally weave as I go (or even better, crochet over the yarn ends as I go), but don’t feel like it works well for granny squares. They have all those open spaces, so it would be impossible to hide yarn ends by just crocheting over them. And you have more options for hiding ends if you haves rows above as well as below the end you’re trying to weave. So I generally weave at the end of each square.

2 Likes

Well worth the effort for this awesome scarf!

1 Like

The scarf is so cool and the tassels are perfect. Tassels!

1 Like

I keep coming back to this scarf…I am sure it is because I love the colors. I am not great at patterns that weave in so many ends. I wonder if it could be adapted to a chevron pattern…scheming my next crochet project!

2 Likes