Gray Bubble Pod

I made this for the Box of Color swap. I had the best time crafting for that swap. Not only do I love the color gray, I had a great partner in @JoyfulClover . We chose to make each other the same bubble pod.

It was fun to know we were making the same thing, yet have no idea what hers would look like. We both chose the color gray too. I happen to love stars, so I naturally gravitate to those fabrics. I found some amazing gray star fabric and used the scribble fabric from my stash.
I also used metallic thread for the quilting on the outside, but you can’t really tell.

Joyfulclover was very clever and placed a little patch of kitten inside of hers.
I would describe the pattern as “fiddly”. but we were both able to create great pods.
They are great to store little things in.

Thanks for checking it out!

16 Likes

I love our pods!!!

3 Likes

Oh I love this! I’ve had a pod pattern pinned to try forever, I wonder if it’s the same one.

Sounds like you guys had a great swap! :grin:

2 Likes

This is so great! I, too, love grey AND have had a pattern pinned for ages. But then I read reviews and decided that maybe I wasn’t up for it. But none of the other pod patterns have quite the same charming shape.

2 Likes

Ooh, now we need to see a picture of yours too!

This is really neat! I like that star fabric. What kind of things are you using it for?

2 Likes

These are so much fun. I like the fabric combo you chose. :slight_smile: that scribble fabric is so much fun!!!

2 Likes

Right now, I have my sewing clips in it next to my sewing machine.

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

So very cute! I love how you guys made each other the same thing.

2 Likes

Me too. It was a lot of fun and we even talked about how fiddly the pattern was as we were making it. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t want to hijack this thread, but @Abbeeroad this pattern was a legit pain. It’s the first bad review I’ve ever given.

BUT it was really fun to work on the same pattern at the same time and commiserate over it. That part I enjoyed! And look how cute it turned out!!

2 Likes

hey lady - it was for the Color in a Box swap, and here is the post by my fantastic partner @gozer

3 Likes

This is so cool! Beautiful work!!

2 Likes

I love that you both used starry gray fabrics!

I haven’t seen pods like these before and I love both of your versions, they make me want to make one for myself, but based on your feedback about the pattern, I think I’ll just sit back and admire both of yours :blush:.

3 Likes

I love that you both decided to swap the same thing. That’s so fun! It turned out great! Wonderful fabric choices!

2 Likes

It’s so cute! I love fabric baskets, bins, pods & such. So nicely customizable.
Was it really that tricky? It looks fairly simple. I think I can figure it out…

2 Likes

Thats kind of the point. It was more complicated than it needed to be.

1 Like