Great Pumpkin cards

I made these two cards for my parents and my oldest sister because they keep my cards and use them every year as part of their decorations.

Model magic, Liquitex paint, Mod Podge, cardstock, hand-carved stamp, bow.
Adhered using Tombow multi and E6000 (note for next time: use Elmer’s).

21 Likes

Love these! You really worked magic on the pumpkins- the visual texture is perfect!

1 Like

Wow, those pumpkins are spectacular!!!

1 Like

Those are a couple of really great pumpkins!

1 Like

Those are great! Pumpkins.

Why are you using E6000? I thought that was for non porous materials.
I’m not familiar with Tombow dual, repostionable? Sounds cool!

1 Like

The texture, omigosh! These are so neat!

1 Like

wow those pumpkins are awesome!

1 Like

These are awesome! And how cool that your family displays your cards every year!!

1 Like

I use E6000 on almost everything unless I need Loctite gel control or I’m using Tombow mono multi liquid glue. I haven’t found the Tombow to be repositionable, maaaaaaybe if you used a pushing force on it right after you applied it. I use it on my paper crafts, unless I’m using double sided tape for temporary cards that I know people just toss.
I guess I’m just in a rut for adhesives, lol!

1 Like

Yes! It’s fun to see them. I can remember how I made most of them. I try not to critique how I would have done such and such different.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanations, maybe I’ll break out of my sticky rut!

1 Like

Ha, I looked up E6000 and it was not the best choice and apparently I shouldn’t be using it on paper either.

Yamato Nori Rice Sticking Paste was recommended by This to That for paper to paper. I haven’t used it before, but it’s supposed to be good for very fine papers. I wonder how it would do with tissue paper? It’s good to know because I recently purchased some rice paper for gelli prints.

Model Magic’s webpage says “craft glue” or school glue works best. Guess I could have used Elmer’s glue. Whoops! Next time!

1 Like

My #1 is Tacky Glue, followed by hot glue for dimensional items, and clear silicone caulk/glue for non porous items I may want to take apart later, like dollhouse mini decor.

Super glue and E6000 never seem to work for me. In fact, my laptop lid is covered with super glue drips (probably operator error) from a project that fell apart repeatedly, until it ended up in the trash.

Gorgeous!
How special that they can reuse them year after year!

My Mom does card making, and I love Tombow glue. She gave me some and let me try it. I keep all of her cards and display them, too.
These cards are gorgeous. The Pumpkins turned out amazing. Love the shading on them.

2 Likes

I have the opposite problem! I tend to get hot glue everywhere with those little wispy things. I use Loctite gel control when I have to use super glue. Other kinds are runny. I’m pretty sure I used it to adhere buttons to a card, for example.

My favorite glue for paper crafts is Art Glitter Glue (no glitter involved). It has a pretty small nozzle but you can buy an even smaller nozzle attachment and the glue comes out in super fine lines so you don’t get that wrinkle effect.

1 Like

Hahaha! The name would have put me off!

Wow! I love the hand carved stamp detail and those pumpkins look real!

1 Like

:sparkles: :orange_heart: :jack_o_lantern: Congratulations! Your Great Pumpkin Cards are a Featured Project this week! :jack_o_lantern: :orange_heart: :sparkles:

1 Like