Grinch Scarf - Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge Entry

A couple of years ago, I crocheted myself a Grinch scarf using this pattern. I get tons of comments on it every time I wear it, but one of the more meaningful ones (aw!) came from my mom, who really, really liked it. I had offered to make one for her, too, but she demurred; she “didn’t want to look like I was copying you”. She kept commenting on how much she liked it, though, and I decided it was time we twin. I put the finishing touches on the face last night, so made it in this challenge by the skin of my teeth!

One of my favourite things about doing this pattern (again) was that apart from needing a new skein of red, I was able to raid my stash for everything else: there’s so little green and white that the skeins I bought for my scarf had tons left. I used Caron Simply Soft for the green, white, and red; the black is Red Heart Super Saver, and the yellow is a cotton yarn (Sudz by Estelle), which might feel like a bit of an unusual fibre choice, but I liked that it came in small balls since I only needed a little bit for the eyes.

It’s a little over 4 feet long, which is basically the perfect length to wrap around and show off his face.

Thanks for looking! :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

No wonder your mom loved it! Great job getting it done to gift to her! You both will have fun wearing them!

1 Like

What a fun scarf!! I agree with Linda, no wonder your mom loves it, who wouldn’t?! It’s fun, festive, and will keep you warm. What a thoughtful gift!

1 Like

So cute! I’ll bet she’ll love wearing it and collecting comments and compliments throughout the season.

1 Like

What a fun scarf!! :slight_smile: I’m sure she’ll be delighted with it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How fun is this!?!? I think maybe we need a twinning action shot! :+1:

2 Likes

Super cute, although I doubt the Grinch would want to be called cute :smiley:

2 Likes

No wonder she kept hinting so much, it’s super cute. I think twinning with your mom will be adorable too.

2 Likes

No wonder you get so many compliments, it’s so fun! And such a lovely irony that a Grinch scarf inspires compliments and your own generosity. :rofl:

1 Like

So festive!! And you know she’s gonna love it.

1 Like

My Mom felt the same way, so I did the same pattern but turned the face end into a Santa for her’s!

1 Like

What a neat idea!

1 Like