Grow Wild ~ May Flowers Cards

For the May Flowers theme in the Happy Mail Craftalong I decided to play with watercolors! After making This set I decided I wasn’t done and wanted to try painting a stamped image. Here they are:

I spent far too long reading the ink packages at my local craft store… I didn’t want to spend a fortune but I also didn’t want to waste my money buying something that wouldn’t work with watercolors… In the end I picked a grey-ish color that said it was “ideal for watercolors” or some-such thing… The grey ink is a color I don’t already have in my stash so I figured I could use it anyway :sweat_smile: It worked great! And I love that the lines are a lighter color. I painted some flowers pink and some flowers orange. Gave them a sunny yellow background and cut them out into funky egg-shapes.

I didn’t love how they looked on their own so I added some masterboard grass. Then the masterboard grass wasn’t cooperating and I needed a way to hide the lower edge… so washi tape and words to the rescue! “Grow Wild” seemed an appropriate sentiment for this project :wink:

Here are some behind the scenes shots to show my rescue process:

Closeup of one:

And group shot:

Thanks for looking! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Those cards are wonderful!
And I love how you shared your process.

1 Like

These came out lovely!! The sentiment is perfect and I’m so impressed with your stamping!

1 Like

I’m so keen to read the technique used for this card! I love the one I received, it’s beautiful.
Which ink did you choose? Always nice to have a solid craft recommendation :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

These are just lovely! Thanks for sharing your process.

1 Like

They are so pretty!

1 Like

They turned out really pretty. I like how you used the masterboard for the leaves to frame it.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone :blush:

the secret is to stamp many, many times and only use the best ones :wink:

“VersaFine Clair” in color “morning mist”

2 Likes

Very pretty!

2 Likes

These turned out great!!

1 Like

Congrats! Your May Flower Cards are one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: