Halloween Boardwalk D-eye-orama

SPECIMEN-D-eye-orama02

I have been getting a big kick out of this eyeball die set I got in Sept and then I picked up the hats & collars set and had to put them together! It made sense to me to set them into “shadow boxes” on coordinating background - then one thing led to another and out came this decoration.

These are all the dies and embossing folders I used to make it.

SPECIMEN-D-eye-orama0

And now the endless detail shots!

Views from the top and bottom: The three box lids cut from a white wood plank cardstock.

View for the side:

The top-bit is mostly black/white/grey, but the award ribbon is a metallic plum with gold inking highlights.

The three fine specimens:

I added Tiny LIghts by punching holds between the shadow boxes and one through the back.

SPECIMEN-D-eye-orama10

It’s out of character for me, but the back on this isn’t really finished or decorated. The controls for the lights are easily accessible, however.

SPECIMEN-D-eye-orama12

It’s spending October in the gallery wall in place of another year-round piece.

SPECIMEN-D-eye-orama13

12 Likes

This is extremely cool! Love those eyeballs!

1 Like

Super cool! The lights really take it over the top in a magical way. I need that box die! Perfect addition to your gallery wall.

2 Likes

Thanks, y’all!

Oh I love these guys!!! It’s so cool to see all the stuff you used to make them. I honestly have no idea what dies and folders mean, ha! Everything came together so nicely, though, like it was meant to be! Love the added lights, too.

2 Likes

Everything that went into making this piece— wow! I love that it lights up and it looks great on the wall. True “eye candy”!

1 Like

Thanks, friends! It took forever and I loved almost every minute of it!

1 Like