Halloween Chunky House - Retro Cat

I made this for @curiousfae in the Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2023 swap.

I got the felt patch pattern from elliottsplayground on etsy.

The house is three layers of chipboard (courtesy of USPS stamp backers).

I hand stitched the felt cat and then used an awl to punch holes around the top layer of chipboard that I had already decorated with paper and ink.

I stitched around most of the cat, and then stuffed it with some polyfil to give it dimension.

Then, I attached all the layers and finished off with a few embellishments.

I forgot to take a side view so you can really see the dimension of the cat, so here is a blurry screenshot from a quick video I took of the project. :joy:

And here is the back. I added fabric tape to cover the lace edges I wrapped around the sides for a more secure attachment, and then used paint pens to add a few pumpkins.

Thanks for taking a look!

18 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Wow! I love the hand-stitched, 3-D vintage cat face. The moon face at the top is also very cool.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words!

It’s so cool how you put it together. Thank you for going through the steps!

1 Like

Pretty cool that it’s stitched right to the chipboard. What a nice detail!

1 Like

I love the way you made it 3-dimensional. The cat is done so well.

1 Like

Love how you added dimension to the cat piece! Lots of nice finishing details as well.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

WOW! I love how you attached the cat by sewing and then… STUFFED IT! Such a cool method and a delightful chunky house!

1 Like

This is delightful! Such fun textures and materials

1 Like

Love the use of felt in a typical paper-focused craft! Super creative and well done.

2 Likes

:black_cat: :jack_o_lantern: :black_heart: Congratulations! Your spooky Retro Cat Halloween Chunky House is a Featured Project this week! :black_heart: :jack_o_lantern: :black_cat:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate the time you all take to comment with kindess!

Soooo cute! I love the raised effect of the cat too!

1 Like

You did such lovely work making this, it looks fantastic!!

1 Like