Halloween Costume Challenge 2022!

I was going to enter, but I caved and bought part of the costume. Minecraft creeper. We’re making the head, though. Square box and different hues of green felt and some kind of netting for the eyes and mouth. Should be fun, but I just can’t make the whole body before Friday.

1 Like

Every year, I think to myself that THIS is the year I’m finally going to make a cool costume (inspired by all the amazing things I’ve pinned on my Pinterest boards). And every year, I don’t do it. This year is looking the same… I think I have a googly eye somewhere that I can stick on my forehead, a la “Everything, Everywhere, All at Once”…

1 Like

I purchased a pink skeleton onesie for too much money and also plans for one of those masks/helmets that you fold yourself. It’s a pink rabbit head, but looks menacing. It’s a very strange pairing and I love it.

1 Like

I definitely purchased aspects/bases of my home-made costumes and I’ll still enter them!! I would say you could definitely enter just the creeper head @irid3sc3nt. Having painted many a Minecraft block, it’s a lot of work!

It’ll be too easy, I think. I’m going to paint the base color black and then adhere felt on it. Oh, I think I already said that. Maybe you’re right.

1 Like

I just finished costumes for DH and myself. Now, which one to enter in the contest…?

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing what you came up with for both costumes!

1 Like

It was not too easy. I watched three movies (Rocky Horror, Adam Project, [can’t remember third])plus a couple show episodes on tv (Kim’s Convenience, Bee & PuppyCat) while cutting, placing, and gluing. It was crazy how long it took!

3 Likes

Yess!! They seem so simple, those Minecraft blocks, but they are deceptive!

2 Likes

Cactus hoodie: Cactus hoodie - Halloween Costume Entry 2022

1 Like

Here is my Elizabeth Swann (from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest) costume entry:

1 Like

Forgot to post a link to mine.
Minecraft Creeper

3 Likes

I made a family set of Star Wars costumes this year Family Star Wars Costume - Halloween Costume Entry 2022

1 Like

It’s time to VOTE! Scroll up to the first post to vote in this challenge!

2 Likes

:skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

Congratulations @tendstowardschaos! Your entry, Elizabeth Swann Costume, has won the Halloween Costume Challenge 2022!

:skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

4 Likes

That costume was sooo awesome!! Congrats @tendstowardschaos!!

1 Like

Thank you for voting for my costume! All the entries were awesome. :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations, @tendstowardschaos, your costume was amazing and so detailed!

1 Like