Halloween Costume Challenge 2022!

I was going to enter, but I caved and bought part of the costume. Minecraft creeper. Weā€™re making the head, though. Square box and different hues of green felt and some kind of netting for the eyes and mouth. Should be fun, but I just canā€™t make the whole body before Friday.

1 Like

Every year, I think to myself that THIS is the year Iā€™m finally going to make a cool costume (inspired by all the amazing things Iā€™ve pinned on my Pinterest boards). And every year, I donā€™t do it. This year is looking the sameā€¦ I think I have a googly eye somewhere that I can stick on my forehead, a la ā€œEverything, Everywhere, All at Onceā€ā€¦

1 Like

I purchased a pink skeleton onesie for too much money and also plans for one of those masks/helmets that you fold yourself. Itā€™s a pink rabbit head, but looks menacing. Itā€™s a very strange pairing and I love it.

1 Like

I definitely purchased aspects/bases of my home-made costumes and Iā€™ll still enter them!! I would say you could definitely enter just the creeper head @irid3sc3nt. Having painted many a Minecraft block, itā€™s a lot of work!

Itā€™ll be too easy, I think. Iā€™m going to paint the base color black and then adhere felt on it. Oh, I think I already said that. Maybe youā€™re right.

1 Like

I just finished costumes for DH and myself. Now, which one to enter in the contestā€¦?

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what you came up with for both costumes!

1 Like

It was not too easy. I watched three movies (Rocky Horror, Adam Project, [canā€™t remember third])plus a couple show episodes on tv (Kimā€™s Convenience, Bee & PuppyCat) while cutting, placing, and gluing. It was crazy how long it took!

3 Likes

Yess!! They seem so simple, those Minecraft blocks, but they are deceptive!

2 Likes

Cactus hoodie: Cactus hoodie - Halloween Costume Entry 2022

1 Like

Here is my Elizabeth Swann (from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Manā€™s Chest) costume entry:

1 Like

Forgot to post a link to mine.
Minecraft Creeper

3 Likes

I made a family set of Star Wars costumes this year Family Star Wars Costume - Halloween Costume Entry 2022

1 Like

Itā€™s time to VOTE! Scroll up to the first post to vote in this challenge!

2 Likes

:skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

Congratulations @tendstowardschaos! Your entry, Elizabeth Swann Costume, has won the Halloween Costume Challenge 2022!

:skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat: :skull: :jack_o_lantern: :bat:

4 Likes

That costume was sooo awesome!! Congrats @tendstowardschaos!!

1 Like

Thank you for voting for my costume! All the entries were awesome. :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations, @tendstowardschaos, your costume was amazing and so detailed!

1 Like