Halloween Fabric Page

I made this for @AIMR in the OWS. We share a love of Halloween and she had “fabric pages” on her list. I was in the throws of making for my Halloween Advent partner and had this fabric on my work table… I guess I should say… the stars were aligned. Anyhow… I enjoyed making this piece.

The back:

For size:

Detail:

21 Likes

MINE!

The incredible details in this made me swoon! Thanks so much for showing so many good pictures.

The stitching…the little embellishments…the patchwork on back…

I love it and I love Halloween!!!

4 Likes

What a lucky partner! That would’ve been hard for me to give away

2 Likes

How cute! …What does one do with fabric pages?

1 Like

I think they are usually stitched together into a book. People have size requirements for this reason. Depending on how you attach them you could potentially add forever. I want to do this too. I think it would be a great way to gather work from fellow crafters. :heart:

2 Likes

The texture you put into this piece is just fantastic. I’m also super impressed with the way you turned that dollar store Halloween bat into an embellishment. Love it.

1 Like

I used to host a fabric journal page swap on the old site. I have about 5? or 6 pages and would love more for my sewing craft book.

I’ll propose it in the next round of craft swap ideas…

5 Likes

I would love that. That’s kind of the direction I was feeling for your book swap… I will be waiting on the sidelines for the fabric journal page swap… :wink:

1 Like

I actually do put them together like a little book…sort of like an art journal only with fabric…Depending on how it is done…I have received pages that were only completed on front…@artsycandice did both sides so I won’t need to put it on a separate muslin…if I even do that…I sort of like the unfinished backs on some as well…

For me, it is inspiration…like a coffee table book…I love the textures, the stitched, the ways you can make fabric into art…they don’t take up much space and the themes are unlimited…

4 Likes

This is so cute! Well done.

1 Like

Everything about this is adorable!

1 Like

What a lovely idea for the leftover fabric scraps that I always have trouble throwing away! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I absolutely adore this!!! It’s perfect

1 Like

Love, love, love!

1 Like

I love this! Spooky, bright and fun!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Halloween Fabric Page is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

3 Likes

Awwe. Yay!! Thank you.

Swoon! I cannot love this more.

1 Like

Spooktacular! You’ve really made the most of these great fabrics!

1 Like

Where did you find that kitty/owl/pump fabric? Cuz I’m in the market for a fun skirt to go with my Kitchen Witch outfit that I wear for my annual Halloween Dinner Party (which may only happen virtually this year sniff )

1 Like