OWS Round 1 (August) Discussion and Gallery

Love the badges! Makes me really need an embroidery machine!

I sent out my first two claims today! Man, I missed swapping! My oldest is excited to get packages from Australia!!

4 Likes

I received from both @artsycandice and @Kwality570! I will post pics in the morning.

I will be wrapping up my two claims to mail them out on Monday and then time to stalk and pick some more…

4 Likes

I received my Etsy pattern from @Fonduie … thank you! It’s the Badge Holder/ID Holder Pattern by kidgiddy

I can’t wait until we can actually have craft and quilt fairs again so I can use this! I will definitely be sewing it up in anticipation :smiley:

Thank you Fonduie!! :hugs:

12 Likes

neat designs of cities! they are new to me!

They are by a designer called Satsuma Street - very cool cross stitch patterns :smiley:

I feel like I hit the mail lottery!

The first awesome package I received was from @artsycandice. She made the most incredible fabric journal page for me in a Halloween theme (only my most favorite holiday!)

She did a separate post on it so you can see the most incredible details…I was blown away!

Halloween Fabric Page

Even the card she sent was wonderful and will be put to use!

Thanks! I love swapping this swap!

6 Likes

from @jillybeans:
Tins- one candle-sized, several whimsey-sized.

bear, immediately adopted by the 7yo w/ a cry of “aw, cute!”

But the real question… what does wedding tea taste like?

7 Likes

I have no idea! I think my mom drank it and it was soooo long ago. I like to hoard cute containers for no reason. :wink:

2 Likes

bear is experimenting with Stuffie Punk looks…

7 Likes

awww–what an adorable bear!!! I love the face!

1 Like

I also received from @jillybeans!

I had to take a picture of her packaging…I need to up my game there…I am lucky to find a box!

She sent the coolest spider garland…I love insects and can’t wait to paint these and get them assembled for Halloween…I have the perfect spot for them!

What’s in the wrapped package? The cutest stitched bird ornament!

Thanks for a lovely swap!

10 Likes

That bear is just too adorable!

The Halloween fabric page-WHOA!

Oh my goodness! The little cross stitch bird is just so sweet!

1 Like

haha, love that ‘machine uprising survivor’ badge @thanate! :laughing:

Such lovely packaging @jillybeans and I adore that little birdie cross stitch! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I received from @kittykill!

She sent me a pretty suncatcher and some washi (so sparkly! :heart_eyes: ), stickers (birdies and stamps) and tea. I’m looking forward to getting this hung in one of our windows and using the other goodies! Thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love suncatchers! They really add a little bit of cheer to any room or porch…love the ball at the end…I bet it makes patterns when the sun hits it!

1 Like

My package from @Kwality570 also arrived…I love getting ATCs and little pieces of art from my fellow lettuce heads because I just love the different styles and textures…I was not disappointed to received an ATC triplet…well themed, well executed and just lovely to look at!

She also sent a cool masterboard for me to use (or, save!)…done with pattern pieces…how appropriate since I love to sew! Thank you so much!

11 Likes

Yeah! Glad it got to you safe. I love that red against the green and yellow.

1 Like

That sun catcher is gorgeous!!!

I love that little bird cross stitch. Adorable!!!

Everything is so wonderful! I love all the little hand-made heart-felt items. You all are so wonderful. :heart:

Also, @AIMR, I completely spaced on the date for my final claim to you. Today is my deadline. It’s been sitting on my desk, completed, for the past week. I will mail it after work. lol

2 Likes

Loving the gallery so far!

I made the mistake to forget to ask for the address :woman_facepalming: Soooo… late here also. Back when I did this swap more often I started asking for the address right after I claimed, but I had forgotten about that trick. I might be able to send it with husband tomorrow and have him mail it before work. Today… was a day. Let’s leave it at that.

He’s coming with fun suggestions like ”Nooo! You can’t leave it unfinished like that, it looks ugly! Use -insert powertool here- to fix it.”

I did not use a powertool since that particular one is in the shed, but I did fix it. Then he fixed it some more and now it’s acceptable :grin:

I’m wondering if I’ve done enough, but thinking back this has taken several hours so it should hopefully be ok.

2 Likes