COMPLETED - Halloween Flat Rate Swap Send Outs October 18th

Itโ€™s that time of the year again! When daylight becomes scarce, and the temperatures drop to less than scorching. Itโ€™s almost Fall! And that means the Holiday Season.

GALLERY

Sign-ups will be September 5th - 15th, and Send Outs will be October 18th

This swap will be a twist on the regular Flat Rate swap. We will be filling a small Flat Rate box with Halloween goodies.

Dimensions of a Small Flat Rate Box are:

Outside: 8 11/16" x 5 7/16" x 1 3/4"

Inside: 8 5/8" x 5" x 1"

It costs $10.40 to send. You are not required to use the flat rate service for this swap, just the box size. You can wrap the box in kraft paper (or other opaque paper) and send it if the rate is cheaper. The choice is yours. What we are concerned about is the size of the box.

Also, if you are outside of the US, you can join, but you must be pre-partnered. You can let people know you are interested in the thread and partner that way, but I will not be partnering people outside of the US. This is because I cannot promise your package will arrive on time due to customs, etc. If you are outside of the US, please consider this when sending your package.

You must craft at least TWO ITEMS. If you are swapping a bigger, single item that will take up the entire box, you must get it approval to send only one item with your partner.

You must check in once a week during the swap and answer a weekly question to make sure you are following along. Easy peasy.

For clarification on the questionnaire, Halloween themes mean things such as Ghost, Pumpkin, Horror Movie characters, etc. Something you would like to receive means items such as Fridge Magnets, bracelets, felties, change purses, mug rugs, etc. Please remember the size of the box when requesting items.

You know the drill. Letโ€™s have some Halloween fun!!!

Questionnaire

Name of Swap: Flat Rate Halloween Swap
Lettuce Craft Username:
Your E-mail Address:
Name & Mailing Address:

Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)

Would you be willing to swap two boxes if there is an uneven number of people? (YES/NO)

Do you have any allergies your partner needs to know about?

What allergens do you have in your home?

What type of crafts do you do?

What would you like to receive?

What are your favorite colors and patterns?

What are your least favorite colors and patterns?

List at least 3 of your favorite Halloween themes:

List at least 5 things you would like to receive:

Is there anything you would not like to receive?

Do you have any inspirations to help your partner personalize your package (Pinterest, etc)?

Anything else youโ€™d like your partner to know?

1 Like

Reserved for partners!

Sent :candle:
Received :jack_o_lantern:
Late w Communication: :ghost:
Contact @gozer

@AudiobookLover :jack_o_lantern:
@irid3sc3nt :jack_o_lantern:
@curiousfae :jack_o_lantern:
@kittykill :jack_o_lantern:
@jillybeans :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:
@momiemae ::jack_o_lantern:
@Bunny1kenobi :jack_o_lantern:
@chameleonhound :jack_o_lantern:
@Kwality570 :jack_o_lantern:

Partners:
@momiemae โ†” @jillybeans
@AudiobookLover โ†” @jillybeans
@irid3sc3nt โ†” @kittykill
@chameleonhound โ†” @Bunny1kenobi
@curiousfae โ†” @Kwality570

Iโ€™ve submitted my questionnaire! When considering joining the flat rate swap, I kept thinking of Halloween projects I could send and hoped Iโ€™d be partnered with someone who would list Halloween as a theme, now itโ€™s a guarantee! Iโ€™m looking forward to this :jack_o_lantern:.

1 Like

Iโ€™m glad! I plan to do a regular flat rate after the first of the year, but I wanted to make sure we snuck in a less structured Halloween swap before the time got away from us. I am so glad you joined!

3 Likes

Are there guidelines for number/quantity of crafted things vs extras?

1 Like

Itโ€™s what you can fit into the box, but you can discuss with your partner if you want to do smaller/more items or a somewhat larger single item. With the Flat Rate swaps, you just had to stuff the box. You should craft at least two items. I will add that to the rules.
EDIT - I added that you must craft at least two items, but if you are doing something bigger (letโ€™s say you are stenciling a shirt that will fill the entire box) then you can do one item, but you must make your partner aware that you are only sending one item. This way we arenโ€™t forcing people to make physically smaller items only.

1 Like

Oh gosh, seriously deliberating this one. @gozer Youโ€™re killing me, Smalls! You know this is my fav holidayโ€ฆ:ghost:

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s why I wanted to make sure we had enough swaps to celebrate it! :innocent:

2 Likes

Yeah Iโ€™ll probably send in my Q later today, since youโ€™re twisting my arm :laughing:

1 Like

Iโ€™m thinking about it.

1 Like

This should be fun! :ghost: :japanese_ogre: :woman_mage: :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Oh yes please! I always need Halloween goodies!!! I will get my signup in soon!

1 Like

This sounds like so much fun. I think I have to sign up for it!

1 Like

Iโ€™ve been adding stuff from Etsy to my Halloween list. I think my pinterest may be a bit overwhelming, lol!

1 Like

Is it to early to start watching the Halloween episodes of my favorite TV shows? LOL!

2 Likes

Never!!!

1 Like

Gosh Iโ€™m sorely tempted, but am trying not to burn out at the start of the last year of my masterโ€™s. Weโ€™ll see if I can get back on top of things by the 15th!

3 Likes

I have the opposite problem. My Pinterest is underwhelming. Iโ€™ve created a Halloween board, but now I need to fill it. I like your idea of adding stuff from Etsy!

2 Likes

Whats your masters in?

I got excited and picked up some things already. Couldnโ€™t help myself!

2 Likes