Halloween Light-up Coffins

I am not really sure where these would go. They are the cheap little light up coffins they sell at Michaels. I got a couple and decided to paint them.

I forgot to get a picture of all of them before I started painting, but here are two of them.

And here they are all painted up!
The Skeleton

The Pumpkins

I had to take the spiders outside to get the picture, the black spiders faded too much into the purple coffin with the indoor light. Still not that happy with it. I might repaint the coffin another color to help them pop.

And finally, the Cat. I made it orange so it would show up better. Learned a little from my mistake. :smile_cat:

24 Likes

I love these. The skeleton is my favorite, but I am dark like that. lol

1 Like

Yessss! These are all so fun. But I agree the skeleton is the best. The shading gives him so much depth and he’s perfectly paired with the green light.

1 Like

They are all great! The skeleton one does have the most impact, maybe due to the sharply contrasting colors and lots of open space around the main design. You did a great job with the painting!

1 Like

These are so fun and festive!

1 Like

I’ve seen these in my local Michael’s, but had no idea they could look this good all painted up. I especially love the kitty one! (Of course.)

2 Likes

WOW! You really did a great job turning these into something GREAT!

1 Like

I wanna know how, when the images are already part of the item, do they still come across with your distinct style? These are awesome! And now, I want some too! Lol!

1 Like

So adorable.

1 Like

These are so fun!!! Great paint jobs!

1 Like

The skeletons my favouriteof the bunch. Great job with the shading!

1 Like

You did a fantastic job!

1 Like

Your shading on that skeleton just makes it even teh better! So great!!! I love them so much.

1 Like

These look so good! You did a really nice job blending the different shades of orange on the pumpkins and the depth on the skeleton is so impressive!

1 Like

hey gozer! long time no see!

I happened to see these (somehow) while making a post. they. are. ADORABLE!!! I’m seriously blown away by how these look compared to what they start out as and how simple I would make them look.

1 Like

Glad to see you back! And thanks. I had fun with them.

1 Like

nice! I like what you did with these

1 Like